10053[Synoptic-L] Matthew Web Page for Harris NT Intro

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Jun 2, 2005
      As some of you may know, I've been contacted by McGraw Hill to update the Web Pages for Steven Harris' New Testament Introduction that can now be found at http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/0767420314/student_view0/

      I'm currently at wok on updating and revising the series of Web Links to each of the chapters in that book.  And if I may, I'd like to solicit the help of Synoptic-L Members, especially in my revision of the Web Links to Chapters 1 -9 of Harris' text.

      Here (below) is my first draft of the revised version of the Web Links to Chapter 8, Matthew's Gospel.

      I'd be grateful not only for any corrections you'd care to send me, but especially for suggestions you might have for specific additions to this (or any other) page.

      Unless it is thought that seeing these suggestions would be of benefit to the List as a whole, perhaps it's best to contact me with them OFF LIST at jgibson000@...

      Web Links

      KATA MATHAION Wescott and Hort
      The Greek Text of the Gospel according to Matthew from the 1881 Westcott and Hort Edition of the Greek New Testament.  From the Bible Gateway Web Site.

      Matthew NA 26
      The Greek Text of Matthew from Nestle Aland 26. From  Tony Fisher's on-line Greek  New Testament Web Site at the University of York.

      St. Matthew
      The article in the online  Catholic Encyclopedia by  E. Jacquier (transcribed by Ernie Stefanik) on the life and career of the figure to whom the Gospel according to Matthew is named.
      The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia article by  G. H. Schodde  on the identity and life of the apostle to whom authorship of the Gospel according to Matthew was traditionally ascribed.  From the Blue Letter Bible Web site.

      The Gospel of St. Matthew: The Catholic Encyclopedia
      This is the online version of the article on the Gospel of Matthew by E. Jacquier (transcribed by Ernie Stefanik and Herrman F. Holbrook) from the Catholic Encyclopedia. Though somewhat dated, the article still gives a very clear, accessible introduction to Matthew. It is also heavily hypertexted, allowing the reader to explore other issues elsewhere in the encyclopedia.

      Matthew, the Gospel of
      G. H. Schodde's article on the Gospel of Matthew from the online version of  The International Standard Bible Encyclopaedia, edited by James Orr (Eerdmans, 1918). From the Blue Letter Bible Web site.

      The Gospel of Matthew
      Edgar Goodspeed's introduction to, and discussion of, 2 Thessalonians.  From Chapter 11 of the online version of his  An Introduction to the New Testament (University of Chicago Press, 1937). published September 1937.
      The Gospel of Matthew
      The discussion of the Gospel of Matthew by Richard Heard.  From the online edition of his 1950 textbook An Introduction to the New Testament.

      The Gospel of Matthew by William R. Cannon
      An online version of this book surveying the Gospel of Matthew. First published in 1982.
      Matthew: Introduction, Argument, and Outline
      Written by Daniel Wallace, this page is part of the Biblical Studies Foundation Web site.

      The Matthew page, containing links to Introductory and General Web Sites and online articles on the Gospel of Matthew, at Mark Goodacre's indispensable New Testament Gateway.
      The Gospel of Matthew
      Peter Kirby's introduction to, and collection of online and other resources for the study of, Matthew.  From  his Early Christian Writings Collection

      Jewish-Christian Relations: Matthew's Gospel and Judaism
      An online article by Dorothy Lee of Queens College that examines the pro-Jewish and anti-Jewish elements of the Gospel of Matthew.

      An online, moderated, academic Discussion List whose focus is the interpretation and understanding of the Gospel of Matthew and its role in the development of Christian thought from the first century through the Reformation.

      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Chicago, Illinois
      e-mail jgibson000@...