Re: Sovereign Nations Walk Out of Meeting With U.S. State Department Unanimously Rejecting Keystone XL Pipeline - The Huffington Post

  • coyote_starship
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18 9:34 PM
      --- In synergeo@yahoogroups.com, "Ken G. Brown" <kbrown@...> wrote:

      > Yay!
      >
      > http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/jacob-devaney/sovereign-nations-walk-ou_b_3289501.html
      >

      > Ken,
      > from my iPhone

      I'd say the "US" is less sovereign than many nations.

      "But then the Gitmo management has already broken so many rules and US presidents have proved helpless to close it (Bush said he wanted it closed too, not just Obama), suggesting insurrectionist elements not accountable to the Constitution (or "taxpayers") have control of the "US" military (not a new concept given privatization and reliance on contractor-mercenaries, and bank credit, for wars the Treasury literally cannot afford). Gitmo is more a corporately sponsored nonprofit operating off shore and beyond the reach of a steadily weakening Washington DC (a long slow decline in power)." -- internal memo re Brian Wilson vigil.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/kirbyurner/8750229618/in/photostream/