Backend change on My.UserLand

  • dave@userland.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2000
      On 12/22/00 we changed the way the My.UserLand service list works.
      Now we only write out services that have changed in the last 24
      hours. It's updated at the end of each hourly scan, generally around
      10 minutes past the hour.

      We made this change because the service list was getting choked with
      channels that aren't updating regularly.

      We also optimized the aggregator so that if a channel hasn't updated
      in a week, we only check once a day. This cut the number of channels
      being scanned by a factor of 10. A worthwhile optimization.

      Pointers to the various backend files are here:

      http://backend.userland.com/stories/storyReader$10