Tutorial: Writing RSS 1.0

  • Rael Dornfest
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2000
      Howdy,

      Just a quick note to let you know that "Writing RSS 1.0," a step-by-step
      tutorial I wrote on building an RSS 1.0 document by hand is now available
      online at:

      http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2000/08/25/magazine/rss_tut.html

      I wrote this tutorial during discussion on the RSS-DEV and Syndication
      mailing lists regarding how easy/hard 1.0 is for folks creating RSS
      documents with a text or XML editor.

      I hope the article alleviates a _little_ of the concern that RSS is
      becoming a programmer-only data format. Please do let me know if anything
      in the tutorial is confusing or if you'd like to see anything covered in
      greater depth.

      Regards,

      Rael

      Rael Dornfest rael@...
      Maven, http://www.oreillynet.com/~rael
      The O'Reilly Network http://meerkat.oreillynet.com

      ps. Please excuse the duplication if you're also subscribed to
      rss-dev@egroups.com.