Headline Viewers

  • Steven Roussey
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2000
      Hi all!

      I tracked down our problem with over use of XML feeds. All the IPs were
      looking at the same number of feeds, a particular set of the total. I found
      that is was the same set currently at xmltree.

      Soooo, there must be headline viewers out there that go and get all the
      feeds in rapid succession, even if they are from the same site (in which
      case they are ignoring the common robot protocol for spacing out requests).

      Does anyone have a list of Headline Viewers? The one that really hurts is
      Java based and is likely European or at least not English based. The IPs are
      generally in Europe and some in South America.

      I'd like to try all the headline viewers and contact the authors about how
      to be a better XML net citizen.

      Sincerely,

      Steven Roussey
      Network54.com