I am not Zaphod!

  • Patrick Giagnocavo
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2000
      Folks, I am a little new to the RSS etc. world.

      However, in keeping with the request placed at

      http://winerlog.editthispage.com/

      and with my own interest in Dave Winer, I should point
      out that WinerLog is a weblog that blogs Dave Winer
      (thus the title).

      Warning: it is satirical and a parody!!!

      I have read thru Dave's comments and agree with some,
      but definitely not with all.

      Further, I simply don't get his antagonism towards
      namespaces.

      As a non-professional programmer guy who dabbles with
      Perl a little and TCL a lot, I welcome namespaces -
      they really are not that difficult to figure out and
      keep the dreade name clash at bay.

      As someone who has used Frontier, it seems that Dave
      prefers to just have a big structured hierarchy -
      which is, after all, a non-namespaced way to do
      namespaces.

      Cordially

      not-Zaphod!!!!

      Zoooooooom.