Yahoo News feeds

  • Julian Bond
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      Just hit a problem with Yahoo News Search feeds. I use <guid> then
      <link>+<title> to try and look for uniqueness in items. The Yahoo feeds
      <link> often includes things like session IDs for the source site which
      change every time they spider the site. So the items in the feed look
      like they are new every time. It looks like I'll have to write code to
      strip this out.

      Incidentally it would be good if the News Search feeds put the search
      query into the <channel><link> they do this in the
      <channel><description> so it shouldn't be hard.

      Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond at voidstar.com
      Webmaster: http://www.ecademy.com/
      Personal WebLog: http://www.voidstar.com/
      M: +44 (0)77 5907 2173 T: +44 (0)192 0412 433