RE: [syndication] [OT] From your list manager: "name-calling"

  • Nick Lothian
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2004

      > * Ian Graham (ian.graham@...) [040107 23:15]:
      > > An excellent idea.
      > >
      > > +1
      > >
      > > On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Nick Lothian wrote:
      > >
      > > > I was just randomly scanning my mail archive when I came
      > across this post,
      > > > and was struck by what a useful message it is.
      > > >
      > > > Perhaps it could be arranged to have it periodically re-posted?
      >
      > Yeah, maybe we could even have the listserv tack it on as a footer to
      > all of Dave's posts as they come through, just so everyone
      > knows there's
      > no use in trying to inject reality into the Fantasy Kingdom.
      >
      > +1
      >
      > Rick

      I hadn't actually noticed anyone doing any name calling. I just happened to
      be reading my old messages and though it would be a good idea to post it.

      I don't know who the "Dave" you are referring to is. However, I believe
      fantasy kindoms are wonderous, beautiful places and I don't think anyone
      would really want to inject reality into them.

      I think the message might be a little too long to use as a footer on
      anyone's messages, though.

      Perhaps it is enough if everyone just read it through carefully and meditate
      on the wisdom contained in it before posting to this list? For instance, the
      part that says:

      > 1) Posts containing ad hominem attacks against other people
      > *or* their
      > work (e.g., "bob is stupid", "bob's software sucks") are off-topic.

      is particually insightful.

      Regards
      Nick
      (who is hoping for world peace, an end to poverty and a flame free
      syndication list during 2004)