Re: [syndication] Re: Thoughts, questions, and issues.

  • Rael Dornfest
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 16, 2000
      I think it makes a lot of sense to keep the discussion of the overarching
      concepts of syndication here rather than possibly fragmenting the
      conversation. The only reason I created an RSS-DEV was (as witnessed
      by Ian's ideas) this list is bigger than specific implementation specs.

      On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Aaron Swartz wrote:

      > Ian Graham <ian.graham@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Yes, of course ;-) I think it's that I want to do something more than
      > > the RSS 1.0 draft was intended to accomplish.
      >
      > I agree, I'd love to see your proposals be adopted as RSS 2.0, or some such.
      > RSS 1.0 is just that -- 1.0, it's not attempting to rethink RSS, merely add
      > some extensibility to the 0.9 drafts. I'm very interested in thinking
      > through these issues and would love to see your write-up.
      >
      > Perhaps we should create another list for work on this (syndication-wg?) or
      > would it be OK with everyone if we kept the discussion here?
      >
      > You can vote at:
      >
      > http://www.egroups.com/surveys/syndication?id=282206
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > --
      > Aaron Swartz |"This information is top security.
      > <http://swartzfam.com/aaron/>| When you have read it, destroy yourself."
      > <http://www.theinfo.org/> | - Marshall McLuhan

      Rael

      Rael Dornfest rael@...