yahoogroups RSS

  • Julian Bond
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      Yahoogroups RSS suddenly got much, much more useful.

      It's now an RSS 2.0 feed with a one line description extracted from the
      email with considerable smarts.

      If you run any yahoogroup mailing lists this is a good reason for making
      the messages open.

      --
      Julian Bond Email&MSM: julian.bond@...
      Webmaster: http://www.ecademy.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
        Shame they're not valid. Using relative URLs isn't correct. But that's only
        within the context of the author element. Which is also strange in that it's
        using embedded HTML.

        They also appear to be using user-agent detection. The feed differs depending
        on which agent you're using. When using 'wget' the xml doesn't contain the
        author link info. While it does when using a browser. Interesting. I'd wonder
        what other user-agent differences exist?

        Likewise it's a shame they're not including decent timestamp info.

        So yeah, they 'suck less' but they're not as good as one might hope.

        -Bill Kearney