White House 2004 RSS project

  • S Clift
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 6:43 AM
      E-Democracy is considering the use MyHeadlines template scraper
      <http://www.jmagar.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=MyHeadlines&file=tbs> to
      generate a page(s) with new press releases and perhaps other items from all
      the major presidential candidate web sites. If this proof of concept
      works, perhaps we can get them to offer their own feeds!

      Who would like to help on this volunteer project? E-mail:
      clift@...
      (We are 100% volunteer. We created the world's first election-oriented web
      site in 1994 and are known for doing innovative things at a very low cost.)

      Thanks,
      Steven Clift
      Board Chair, E-Democracy
      clift@...

      E-Democracy.Org
      -----------------
      The Citizen-based, Non-profit, Non-partisan Online Political Resource
      http://www.e-democracy.org

      Three quick updates:

      1. Election 2004

      The new E-Democracy.US Election 2004 directory is now open at:

      http://www.e-democracy.us

      Sections include links to the best election 2004 directories, major
      media sites with dedicated campaign 2004 news, the best non-profit
      and government election-related resources, and a special section with
      Presidential campaign information.

      2. White House 2004 E-mail Announcement List

      Receive press releases and announcements from substantial
      Presidential campaigns as well as information on new online resources
      related to the 2004 U.S. presidential election conveniently via e-
      mail. To subscribe, e-mail:

      wh2004-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Full details on this lower volume, moderated e-mail service is
      available at:

      http://www.e-democracy.org/us/2004/wh2004.html

      3. Volunteer Ye E-Citizens!

      E-Democracy launched the world's first election-oriented web site in
      1994. We are expanding our volunteer-based, non-profit, non-partisan
      efforts to increase public use and awareness of reliable, high-
      quality election information resources in the 2004 U.S. election.
      This is your chance to help build a comprehensive directory of the
      best election 2004 resources based on the citizen perspective. We
      need your help to locate and organize the best election resources
      that others have spent so much time developing.

      Please volunteer using our comment form. Please indicate your
      volunteer interests and your related skills:

      http://www.e-democracy.org/comments.html

      E-Democracy.Org
      The Citizen-based, Non-profit, Non-partisan Online Political Resource
      http://www.e-democracy.org

      Steven Clift
      http://www.publicus.net
      Interested in democracy, politics, government and the Internet?
      Join the Democracies Online Newswire: http://e-democracy.org/do