Position of images

  • dirk_hamstra
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6 12:09 PM
      Hi!

      How can I control the position of images and text? I'd like to have
      an image on the left hand side and the text from the <description>
      wrapped around it.

      I've only seen small images above the description - now perhaps this
      should tell me somehting :) but wanted to asked it anyway. What
      properties can be set for an image outside the height+width?

      Thanks!
      -dirk
    • Bill Kearney
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6 2:18 PM
        > How can I control the position of images and text? I'd like to have
        > an image on the left hand side and the text from the <description>
        > wrapped around it.
        > I've only seen small images above the description - now perhaps
        this
        > should tell me somehting :) but wanted to asked it anyway. What
        > properties can be set for an image outside the height+width?

        You don't. It's heinous enough that people are putting markup into
        the descriptions. Trying to fool around with placement is asking for
        disaster. RSS is great for many things. If you want webpages, use
        webpages. RSS is, to many people, a vehicle for distributing text
        and /limited/ bits of formatting.

        Otherwise you're into the same wretched morass of HTML browser
        incompatibility hassles that exists in browsers.

        In short, there isn't a reliable, widely compatible, way to do what
        you're after. Yes, it can be done but it's not without causing
        display woes for users.

        -Bill Kearney