Pakistan has an English-language weblog

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 16, 2001
      To people who think politics and warfare are a matter for decentralization, now is the time to get in the loop.

      Yahoo's email server is so slow now, we need other forms of communication, more concentrated, higher throughput, etc.

      I'm looking for ways to up the volume on real news and information, and looking for links to other weblog communities that are based in different geographies and cultures, ones we don't often hear from in the western countries.

      I just got a pointer to DAWN, which says it's "Pakistan's most widely circulated English language newspaper."

      If you know of others, send me pointers via private email and I'll get a directory started on UserLand.Com. Don't depend on Yahoo to get the message through. The turnaround now is in hours. Things are happening quickly.

      Dave Winer, editor, Scripting News
    • Mike Krus
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 16, 2001
        Dave Winer wrote:
        > I just got a pointer to DAWN, which says it's "Pakistan's most widely
        > circulated English language newspaper."
        >
        > http://www.dawn.com/
        Just added an RSS feed for it:
        http://www.newsisfree.com/HPE/xml/feeds/07/2407.xml

        Mike

        --
        NewsIsFree http://www.newsisfree.com/
        http://www.newsisfree.com/module.php?mod=blog&op=view&name=Mike+Krus
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 16, 2001
          In article <3BA4C11C.8090900@...>, Mike Krus
          <mkrus@...> writes
          >Dave Winer wrote:
          >> I just got a pointer to DAWN, which says it's "Pakistan's most widely
          >> circulated English language newspaper."
          >>
          >> http://www.dawn.com/
          >Just added an RSS feed for it:
          >http://www.newsisfree.com/HPE/xml/feeds/07/2407.xml

          Just found.
          http://www.afgha.com/backend.php
          Added to Newsisfree.

          A quick search on DMOZ found
          http://dmoz.org/Regional/Asia/Afghanistan/News_and_Media/
          I'm making a start on locating the RSS or scraping and creating it.

          As a group we could do the same for keyword= Iraq, Libya, Kurd etc etc.
          One country each?

          --
          Julian Bond email: julian_bond@...
          CV/Resume: http://www.voidstar.com/cv/