RE: [syndication] ANN: groove tool "NewsClient"

  • Rael Dornfest
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2001
      Howdy,

      A very nice tool indeed.  I'm very glad indeed to see RSS getting into the Groove, as it were[1].

      A couple of comments/bug-reports:

        * I can't immediately see any way to manually edit a feed's preferences (eg. change the title or
         description)

        * 'Create a custom channel' is a little misleading, having you go through Moreover.  While
          this is indeed a great feature, perhaps rename this to 'Create a custom Moreover feed'
          and have 'Create a custom channel' provide a form (name, data url, ...).

        * In 'Browse' view, clicking on some of the news items causes an 'Error in ShowLinkedNewsItem:
          'null' is not an object' error.  This does not occur in 'Headlines' view.

      Overall, a great job, folks.

      Rael