Re: [syndication] Re: [decentralization] The Scripting News Train

  • Dave Winer
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2001
      Since Douglas Adams died yesterday, I spent some time this morning reading
      about his life through the Web and came across this quote.

      "I long ago stopped answering questions on the alt.fan.douglas-adams usenet
      group, because it never produced good results. I would either get flamed
      with 'Don't try and pretend you're him!' mail, or accounts of what I'd said
      would get bounced around in more and more garbled versions as soon as my own
      reply had dropped off the stack.'"

      http://www.tdv.com/html/douglas_a.html

      Perhaps in honor of his memory we could try to be more accepting of other
      points of view. I'd like to participate in these groups as a full member,
      and with the respect that comes with that.

      Thanks..

      Dave