RE: [syndication] Re: HELP! RSS broke like a twig when Netscape "impr oved" my.netscape.com

  • Rael Dornfest
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27, 2001
      Howdy,

      I turned off validation on Meerkat's collector some time ago for a couple of
      reasons:

      a) The DTD's reachability on my.netscape.com was rather, to put it mildly,
      staccato.

      b) Ad-hoc extensions to RSS 0.91 (eg. <author>, <date>) combined with the
      static DTD
      model disallowed access to content that was otherwise rather
      interesting.

      Rael