RE: [syndication] Re: SuperOpenRatings

  • Nick Lothian
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 8, 2001

      > Sorry for the confusion, it's been a busy day, and this
      > thread began on
      > another mail list.
      >
      > There are publishers of original content that change the URL
      > even though the
      > story they're pointing to is not new.
      >
      > I don't know why they do it, but some do.

      Many archive old material, and some systems use different URLs for achieved
      or non-active content. A good example is Slash - the Slashdot engine. After
      a certain amount of time, material is archived and the discussion becomes
      read-only.

      For some reason, the URL change from /storyid=xxx to /date/story/ (or
      something like that anyway).

      Nick