1101Re: Evangelizing RSS

  • Eugene E. Pervago
    Feb 22, 2001
      --- In syndication@y..., Julian Bond <julian@n...> wrote:
      > Some campaigns that would be worth supporting.
      >
      > - For RSS everywhere, on every site, with a button
      That would be great. And preferably with some sort of XML tag
      around it so that software can pick up this button and use the
      RSS file.

      > - For Dublin Core metadata on every web page
      This sure beats using META tags and allows much more useful
      searches (e.g. search for all pages written by Julian Bond on subject
      of RSS or syndication).

      > - Against support for old browsers
      Hmmm, I prefer 'For the standard-compliant browsers'.

      > - Against HTML emails and MS Email Readers.
      HTML emails - yes, MS Email Readers => 'For better security in mail
      programs'

      Eugene Pervago
      pervago@...
      ICQ: 6254981