Re: [syndic8] Syndic8.com now has an XML-RPC interface...

  • Tara Calishain
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
      At 05:34 AM 11/24/2001, you wrote:
      >There's a circle that could be closed here. If weblogs.com knew the RSS
      >URL for a recently updated weblog, it could auto-suggest the URL to
      >Syndic8.com

      Dave took a vote recently for an RSS version of Weblogs.com. Perhaps this
      should be suggested to him.

      Tara
    • Jeff Barr
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
        Hi Josh,

        Good question -- I will update the services.php page to indicate
        that the endpoint is "http://www.syndic8.com/xmlrpc.php".

        Jeff;

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
          Julian asks,

          > There's a circle that could be closed here. If weblogs.com knew the
          RSS
          > URL for a recently updated weblog, it could auto-suggest the URL to
          > Syndic8.com

          Yes, definitely. And perhaps The My.Userland suggest page can also
          auto-suggest URLs.

          > There's another circle to be closed here with categories. I (Joe User)
          > put a feed into a category on my machine, which told Syndic8 to add
          the
          > category name as a keyword to the feed.

          Excellent! As soon as I have categories going, I will make sure that
          this
          can be done. In general, I am going to try and make sure that the most
          interesting features of Syndic8 are available via the API.

          Jeff;

          >Enjoy, and please send me some pointers to how this gets
          >used.

          You've been winered.
          http://scriptingnews.userland.com/backissues/2001/11/23#lf4992a9880581db
          8750c1f87a1f5f710

          There's a circle that could be closed here. If weblogs.com knew the RSS
          URL for a recently updated weblog, it could auto-suggest the URL to
          Syndic8.com

          So obvious, that I'm sure you've both thought of it. :)

          --
          Julian Bond email: julian_bond@...
          CV/Resume: http://www.voidstar.com/cv/

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • nf0
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
            Thanks Jeff,
            That would explain why i couldn't find it :)