Syndic8.com now has an XML-RPC interface...

  • Jeff Barr
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
      Hello Everyone,

      I've been working on this for a little while and it now
      seems ready for a bit more public exposure. It was
      actually more of a consequence of some other architecture
      work that I was doing than a detour, so I figured I
      would let it out the door.

      This is new and experimental. Function names and arguments
      could change. Feedback is welcomed:

      http://www.syndic8.com/services.php

      Note that it is now possible to _suggest_ new sites using
      this interface. This should open the door to all sorts
      of interesting things. I am very open to suggestions for
      new entry points.

      It is also accessible from the Services entry on the menu bar.

      Enjoy, and please send me some pointers to how this gets
      used.

      Jeff;

      Jeff Barr - Vertex Development - (mailto:jeff@...)
      Address: 4610 191st Place NE. Redmond, WA 98074;
      Phone: Office: 425-868-4919 - Home: 425-836-5624
      IM: MSN: jeffscottbarr@...; AIM: jeffscottbarr
      Homepage: http://www.vertexdev.com/~jeff
      Resume: http://www.vertexdev.com/~jeff/resume.html
    • Tara Calishain
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
        Is it possible to hardcode a "feeds in the last day/7 days/14 days/24 hours"
        search? So I can activate it and monitor it? >cough<

        Tara
      • Tara Calishain
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 23, 2001
          ... is it on purpose that I have to include a search term when searching the
          Syndic8 feeds? I can't just specify a date range and get a list of feeds
          approved within that date range. Bummer. And I can't figure out how to
          reverse sort. And my knee hurts and I'm almost out of tea.

          >booboo lip<

          Tara
        • nf0
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
            Jeff very cool. Just a quick question is the server url for the service:
            http://www.syndic8.com
            or
            http://www.syndic8.com/services.php

            thanks,
            Josh
[...]

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Julian Bond
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
              In article <000801c1748d$918f1a50$070d0dc0@monster>, Jeff Barr
              <jeff@...> writes
              >Enjoy, and please send me some pointers to how this gets
              >used.

              You've been winered.
              http://scriptingnews.userland.com/backissues/2001/11/23#lf4992a9880581db
              8750c1f87a1f5f710

              There's a circle that could be closed here. If weblogs.com knew the RSS
              URL for a recently updated weblog, it could auto-suggest the URL to
              Syndic8.com

              So obvious, that I'm sure you've both thought of it. :)

              There's another circle to be closed here with categories. I (Joe User)
              put a feed into a category on my machine, which told Syndic8 to add the
              category name as a keyword to the feed.

              --
              Julian Bond email: julian_bond@...
              CV/Resume: http://www.voidstar.com/cv/
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
                At 05:34 AM 11/24/2001, you wrote:
                >There's a circle that could be closed here. If weblogs.com knew the RSS
                >URL for a recently updated weblog, it could auto-suggest the URL to
                >Syndic8.com

                Dave took a vote recently for an RSS version of Weblogs.com. Perhaps this
                should be suggested to him.

                Tara
              • Jeff Barr
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
                  Hi Josh,

                  Good question -- I will update the services.php page to indicate
                  that the endpoint is "http://www.syndic8.com/xmlrpc.php".

                  Jeff;

[...]

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                • Jeff Barr
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
                    Julian asks,

                    > There's a circle that could be closed here. If weblogs.com knew the
                    RSS
                    > URL for a recently updated weblog, it could auto-suggest the URL to
                    > Syndic8.com

                    Yes, definitely. And perhaps The My.Userland suggest page can also
                    auto-suggest URLs.

                    > There's another circle to be closed here with categories. I (Joe User)
                    > put a feed into a category on my machine, which told Syndic8 to add
                    the
                    > category name as a keyword to the feed.

                    Excellent! As soon as I have categories going, I will make sure that
                    this
                    can be done. In general, I am going to try and make sure that the most
                    interesting features of Syndic8 are available via the API.

                    Jeff;

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 24, 2001
                      Thanks Jeff,
                      That would explain why i couldn't find it :)