Re: [syndic8] RSS virgin

  • Stuart Whitmore
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2010
      Getting your content noticed is basically a marketing issue, and to a
      large extent this makes it a very separate topic from RSS. RSS is
      analogous to HTML. It's a technology that allows something to happen,
      but actually making it happen involves other things -- things that are
      both technical (computers, networks, server software, etc.) and human
      (creativity, motivation, etc.).

      At a technical level, you can use discovery mechanisms to help your
      feeds be automatically found -- see "Finding Subscribers - Meta-Data"
      in my "Give Your Site the RSS Treatment" article at:
      http://www.just-stuart.com/geeks/rss_treatment.php However, "getting
      noticed" in the sense you have in mind is a human condition, so no
      matter how many times your feed is auto-discovered by a computer, it
      still needs a human to decide, "Hmm, that's interesting."

      So, in a somewhat-delayed nutshell, I recommend looking at your goal
      differently. Once you have the feed technically correct, shift your
      attention to non-RSS-relevant methods of marketing your content.

      --
      Stuart Whitmore
      snakestu@...

      "Lesson One: Revolution!" - a new novel: http://bit.ly/bSvJMV