Re: [syndic8] content ideas

  • Stuart Whitmore
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2008
      On 6/26/08, K <mail@...> wrote:
      > I just started angrysellers.com I was curious if anyone had any
      > suggestions for feed ideas. I have a few but I am biased of course so I
      > thought I would ask people.

      Am I right in understanding that you're interested in determining what
      content on your site you could publish via RSS (as opposed to content
      provided by others that your site would retrieve via RSS for display)?
      If so, just think about what sort of information on your site could
      change over time, in a defined way.

      For example, updates to pages (fixing typos, adding links, rewording
      things, etc.) are changes that often do not occur in defined ways.
      However, blog entries, newsletters, content collected on forms (e.g.,
      new user registrations, guestbook entries, "incident reports" file by
      sellers, or whatever), and similar changes (i.e., content additions)
      have structure to them and could be valuable as content for RSS feeds.

      For more ideas and information about publishing content on your site
      via RSS, you might want to read "Give Your Site the RSS Treatment" at
      this address:
      http://www.just-stuart.com/geeks/rss_treatment.php

      There may be additional articles in the Documents section on
      Syndic8.com that could help guide you.

      Hope this helps,

      --
      Stuart Whitmore