Re: [syndic8] Hello

  • Joseph Becher
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 16, 2005
      I'm not sure either, but *shrugs and smiles* As it stands,

      http://www.feedvalidator.org/check?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.homesforstudents.co.uk%2Frss_student_accommodation.aspx

      Reports 'Your feed appears to be encoded as "utf-8", but your server
      is reporting "US-ASCII"' Please see
      http://www.feedvalidator.org/docs/warning/EncodingMismatch.html for
      advice on fixing this error.

      On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:40:49 -0000, David Hunt
      <dave@...> wrote:
      > Hi there,
      >

      > Im not sure if this is the way to do it but I have seen people ask for
      > their
      > feeds to be approved here.
      >

      > If somebody has time and this is allowed, can you please approve my feed
      > with ID: 296546 <http://www.syndic8.com/feedinfo.php?FeedID=296546>
      >

      > Thanks in advance
      >

      > Dave

      > If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
      > syndic8-nomail@yahoogroups.com
      > (this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
      >
      > To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
      > (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
      >
      > To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit
      > http://www.syndic8.com/
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Joseph Becher
      Firefox!</a>
    • David Hunt
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 16, 2005
        Hi,

        Thanks for checking that. I think I have fixed it now..

        Please could you try again,

        Many thanks

        Dave

        <dave@...> wrote:
        > Hi there,
        >

        > Im not sure if this is the way to do it but I have seen people ask for
        > their
        > feeds to be approved here.
        >

        > If somebody has time and this is allowed, can you please approve my feed
        > with ID: 296546 <http://www.syndic8.com/feedinfo.php?FeedID=296546>
        >

        > Thanks in advance
        >

        > Dave

        > If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
        > syndic8-nomail@yahoogroups.com
        > (this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
        >
        > To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
        > (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
        >
        > To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit
        > http://www.syndic8.com/
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Joseph Becher
        <a
        href="http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=2394&t=1">
        Get
        Firefox!</a>

        If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
        syndic8-nomail@yahoogroups.com
        (this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

        To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
        (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

        To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit
        http://www.syndic8.com/
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        ---
        [This E-mail was scanned for viruses for your protection]
      • Joseph Becher
        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 16, 2005
          All done. Someone else beat me to it :)

          Joseph Becher
          Firefox!</a>
        • Chris Wright
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 16, 2005
            That would have been me,

            When a page validates but has warnings, I usually give the site a good check
            and then approve it.
            I'd then email the author of the site to let him know the warnings, but he
            responded that he had fixed it before I had a chance to email him.

            I did hesitate as to whether to validate it though.... On technical
            grounds... i.e. it listed loads of houses, but there is a ton of missing
            information. It doesn't give me distances to local pubs.. .the most
            important part of student accommodation. ;)

            Its a great idea and quite a decent site.. Congrats

            Regards

            Chris

            _____

            <dave@...> wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Thanks for checking that. I think I have fixed it now..
            >
            > Please could you try again,
            >
            > Many thanks
            >
            > Dave

            &id=2394&t=1">
            > Get
            > Firefox!</a>
            >

            > If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
            > syndic8-nomail@yahoogroups.com
            > (this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
            >
            > To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
            > (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
            >
            > To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit
            > http://www.syndic8.com/
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >

            > ---
            > [This E-mail was scanned for viruses for your protection]
            >

            > If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
            > syndic8-nomail@yahoogroups.com
            > (this will tell it to stop sending you mail)
            >
            > To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
            > (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)
            >
            > To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit
            > http://www.syndic8.com/
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Joseph Becher
            <http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=2394&t=1>
            &id=2394&t=1">Get
            Firefox!</a>

            If you're getting "too much mail" then send a message to:
            syndic8-nomail@yahoogroups.com
            (this will tell it to stop sending you mail)

            To change your membership use THIS WEB PAGE:
            (here you can set your mail to digest, no mail or LEAVE the list)

            To find more info about Syndicated XML newsfeeds visit
            http://www.syndic8.com/

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129uqtkun/M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=gr
            oups/S=1706173512:HM/EXP=1111096974/A=2593423/R=0/SIG=11el9gslf/*http://www.
            netflix.com/Default?mqso=60190075> click here

            <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.6191685.7192823.3001176/D=groups/S=
            :HM/A=2593423/rand=924877441>

            _____

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

          • Joseph Becher
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 16, 2005
              heh. I never got my reviewer's manual so I hold off till I get a 100%
              from the validator. It got approved, that's the main thing :)

              Joseph Becher
              Firefox!</a>
            • radoya
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 16, 2005
                Could you do the same with my feeds???
                please...
                ID: 331742
                I'll be very appreciate...

                <dave@...> wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > Thanks for checking that. I think I have fixed it now..
                >
                > Please could you try again,
                >
                > Many thanks
                >
                > Dave

              • David Hunt
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 17, 2005
                  Hi Chris,

                  I appreciate the comments, thanks (I did think about the pubs but education
                  is about learning... apparently!).

                  I was just wondering though.. As I am quite new to RSS (and im sure there
                  are others in the same situation). Could you tell me what information I
                  have missed on the feed? I have restricted the description to 100
                  characters - should this be more? Also, can you highlight the technical
                  grounds I have overlooked so I can rectify them.

                  As a general rule, what stuff needs to go in a feed? I was under the
                  impression that it was just a snippet and then the user would click the link
                  for the full info? Is this not the case?

                  Cheers for all you help..

                  Reagrds

                  Dave

                  <dave@...> wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > Thanks for checking that. I think I have fixed it now..
                  >
                  > Please could you try again,
                  >
                  > Many thanks
                  >
                  > Dave

                  Joseph Becher

                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 18, 2005
                    Before asking for us to approve you feed please make sure it is ready
                    for us. It's easy to do, just enter you feed number and check out the
                    information on the page.

                    http://www.syndic8.com/feedinfo.php?FeedID=331742

                    You currently is in polling status meaning we can't approve it yet.
                    Please click the validate link and correct any errors it finds.
                    Thanks! :)

                    On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:15:41 +0100, radoya <radoya@...> wrote:

                    > Could you do the same with my feeds???
                    > please...
                    > ID: 331742
                    > I'll be very appreciate...
                    >

                    > On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 21:58:24 -0000, David Hunt
                    >
                    > <dave@...> wrote:
                    > > Hi,
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for checking that. I think I have fixed it now..
                    > >
                    > > Please could you try again,
                    > >
                    > > Many thanks
                    > >
                    > > Dave

                    Joseph Becher
                    Firefox!</a>
                  • zhu
                    Message 9 of 28 , May 26, 2005
                      Hi all,

                      I am new to the group. Any suggestion from you guys? Basically, I am an
                      e-publisher in Alexandria, Va.

                      Thanks,
                      Ning
                    • Stuart Whitmore
                      Message 10 of 28 , May 27, 2005
                        Do you have an RSS feed yet to keep people informed about what you
                        publish? If not, that's a good starting point -- analyze your
                        regularly-changing information, and devise a way to publish that
                        information via RSS. Once you have the RSS and you've checked that
                        it's valid, you can submit it to Syndic8 and other services to help
                        people find your feed(s).

                        --
                        Stuart "Rattlesnake Stu" Whitmore (snakestu@...)
                        http://www.just-stuart.com/

                        On 5/26/05, zhu <zhu@...> wrote:
                        > Hi all,
                        >
                        > I am new to the group. Any suggestion from you guys? Basically, I am an
                        > e-publisher in Alexandria, Va.
                        >
                        > Thanks,
                        > Ning
                      • llaydbackcyclist
                        Message 11 of 28 , Aug 20, 2005
                          Hello everyone. Just trying to get approved. Later I'll start
                          complaining about how long it is taking to get my feed approved.:)
                        • Chris Wright
                          Message 12 of 28 , Aug 29, 2005
                            As soon as I saw your email it made me feel so guilty about the lack of
                            feeds that I have managed to approve.
                            So I duly logged in and began approving feeds starting at the beginning.
                            I have to admit that I when I got to feed number 5012 at 6am in the morning,
                            and with 300,000 more to go, I still hadn't come across your feed.
                            I think that you will be complaining anytime soon at this rate.

                            Ok, sarcasm aside... if you would let us know the ID of your feed (any
                            information would help!!), I am sure someone would have a look at it for
                            you,

                            Regards

                            Chris

                            _____

                            Hello everyone. Just trying to get approved. Later I'll start
                            complaining about how long it is taking to get my feed approved.:)

                          • dibs2002ebay
                            Message 13 of 28 , Sep 2, 2005
                              Well, if you want to REALLY ease your guilt, how's about approving
                              feed #399781, with fast-acting guaranteed guilt relief! LOL.

                              Deb

                              > As soon as I saw your email it made me feel so guilty about the lack of
                              > feeds that I have managed to approve.
                            • Bill Kearney
                              Message 14 of 28 , Sep 3, 2005
                                We can't approve it if it doesn't have any content. There aren't any
                                items in that feed. Get it working and let us know.

                                -Bill Kearney
                                Syndic8.com

                                Message 15 of 28 , Sep 8, 2005
                                  Oh - I didn't realize that. It was selecting the latest items that had
                                  been added in the last 15 minutes, so sometimes it was empty. Now it
                                  selects the last 20 items, so it will never be empty.

                                  Thanks,
                                  Deb

                                  --- In syndic8@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Kearney" <wkearney@s...> wrote:

                                  > We can't approve it if it doesn't have any content. There aren't any
                                  > items in that feed. Get it working and let us know.
                                  >
                                  > -Bill Kearney
                                  > Syndic8.com
                                • subtlepress
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Feb 5, 2008
                                    Hi, I just joined this group. I'm trying to network with other
                                    bloggers, and Syndic8 looked like a cool way to go about doing this.
                                    I manage several blogs, but the one I'm focusing on right now is a
                                    political blog. I guess I'm caught up in the election fervor and what
                                    not.

                                    My blog is at http://dailyelephant.org and I just added the feed to
                                    syndic8 (http://feeds.feedburner.com/dailyelephant)

                                    I'll browse through the group and familiarize myself with everything.
                                    Thanks! Glad to be here...
                                  • karimakouidri
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Feb 5, 2008
                                      Hi and welcome
                                      You can visit my blog and add me on your blog if you want
                                      Thanks from Paris FRance