Newbie

  • Sherwin Castro
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 11, 2004
      I'm new in this kind of stuff, what do i do? How do i download rss?

    • Mike Siesel
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2005
        Hi,

        I'm recently retired and working on two websites. I'm interested in RSS as a means of offering information to my visitors.

        I began working on OzarkCamper several years ago. It is a catalog of campgrounds owned by either the state of Missouri or the federal government. Approximately 100 camps in the Missouri Ozarks. One of the main features is panoramic photos run on a java module.

        I'd to display weather, fishing reports, and even blogs from members on their experiences. Like the conditions of the camp and facilities. At present I don't intend to have any advertisement, but eventually I do hope to gain some sponsors. I'd like to incorporate as a 501c(3) but that's an expense I can't afford as yet.

        So it's a hobby site and since I'm working on it alone I don't expect I'll get up and running for another month or so. So many pages, so little time.

        If you can advise on how to set up a feed as mentioned above I'd appreciate it.

        Mike Siesel

      • year_of_the_andy
        Message 3 of 3 , May 19, 2005
          Hi Mike,

          If you go here:
          http://www.andybrain.com/rsshelp.htm

          ...You'll see a page I wrote about RSS syndication. Look towards the
          bottom and you'll see a section called "RSS Feed Creation and
          Information".

          Hopefully that'll get you started. The links you see there were all
          I used to create my own RSS feed.

          Andy