Off but on topic

  • gunmuse@gunmuse.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
      I have been watching my error logs more as I do the RSS feeds and I am
      seeing this error.

      66.196.90.204 - - [24/Jul/2004:01:20:22 -0600] "GET /?quote.33.91 HTTP/1.0"
      200 16861 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! S$

      Plus one for IA archiver which is Alexa.com What is this error and how do I
      fix it.

      Thanks
      Donny Lairson
      President
      http://www.gunmuse.com
      469 228 2183

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 6, 2004
        > I have been watching my error logs more as I do the RSS feeds and I am
        > seeing this error.
        >
        > 66.196.90.204 - - [24/Jul/2004:01:20:22 -0600] "GET /?quote.33.91
        HTTP/1.0"
        > 200 16861 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Yahoo! S$

        Something is looking for http://yoursite/?quote.33.91 and not finding it.
        Where would they be getting that link? Find that source and fix it.
        Eventually the spiders and archivers should stop seeking it.

        Meanwhile some httpd.conf rules for SetEnvIf and not logging would help
        ignore the problem. We do this to cut down on the noise that stuff like
        site monitoring scripts generate.

        -Bill Kearney
        Syndic8.com