Re: [syndic8] Feed Actions

  • Jos
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 20 9:33 AM
      Yes that might be good for people like me without newsreaders. But most
      people that browse Syndic8 probably have them. I just put all my news I like
      on my Web pages or else read them through Bloglines.

      Thanks for explaining it.

      Jos

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 21 7:23 PM
        An app can and, as you suggest, should control what IP address it
        listens on. Most of the time there's not much reason to be listening
        to these requests from other IP addresses.

        Actually, a good firewall not only cares what the IP is but from
        WHERE the packet is coming from. A 127.0.0.1 packet coming IN the
        ethernet port should be a solid indication that it is bogus. If
        newsreader software is doing this, by default, the packets should be
        banned. That would be like a 192.168.... or a 10.x.x.x packet
        coming in from the Internet. Those are private/local net addresses
        and should never be present on the Internet.

        Zone Alarm is a poor choice as it doesn't check these kinds of rules
        very carefully. I just wish Gauntlet was a lot less money but it
        sure is secure.

        Pete