March -- a month to remember at Syndic8!

  • Jeff Barr
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Everyone,

      Well, Syndic8 survived March. For the first time ever
      we surpassed 10 million hits for the month. We also
      added 478 new users and a whopping 34,378 new feeds!

      We now have categorization info for a large number
      of the Topix feeds. See these in action at the Category
      Browser:

      http://www.syndic8.com/feedcat.php

      Topix supports a huge number of regional feeds. If
      you are in the US, I bet that you can find your
      town in there.

      I am working as hard as I can to streamline the
      approval process and to make the site as efficient
      as possible. We just added an additional 73GB disk;
      this will give us some headroom and also the space
      needed to implement some more cool features.

      I appreciate the support and enthusiasm of everyone
      connected with Syndic8.

      Many Thanks,

      Jeff;

      ----
      Syndic8:
      * Blog: http://www.syndic8.com/weblog/
      * Featured Feeds: http://www.syndic8.com/box/featured_feeds/
      * Orkut: http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=1243
    • Andrea Michalek
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 20, 2004
        I tried out the category browsing feature -
        http://www.syndic8.com/feedcat.php - but it's not working as I expected in
        all cases.

        For example, when I browse the tree by going to:
        Top: Business : Industries : Publishing : Publishers : Nonfiction : Business
        : O\'Reilly_and_Associates
        there are not any feeds listed.

        http://www.syndic8.com/feedcat.php?Scheme=DMOZ&BaseCategory=Top%2FBusiness%2
        FIndustries%2FPublishing%2FPublishers%2FNonfiction%2FBusiness%2FO%27Reilly_a
        nd_Associates

        In other cases it worked fine.

        Just thought someone would want to know.

        Andrea
        Andrea Michalek
        andrea@...
        www.topular.com - custom content for your site