Re: [syndic8] Digest Number 528

  • Sean Tomlinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      >Message: 1
      > Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:13:20 -0400
      > From: "Bill Kearney" <ml_yahoo@...>
      >Subject: Re: Digest Number 526
      >
      > > >Shouldn't be too hard to hack that into the asp code...
      > >
      > > Well, it's futile now. Adrian's announced that he's ending
      > > BlogWorks the first part of August. However, I have a friend on the Left
      > > Coast's who's having issues moving from cable to DSL (they moved his date
      > > back a month), so I set up MT on my server so he and the wife could still
      > > blog. I am thinking that may be my solution. The saddest bit is that this
      > > is the second blogging package (both ASP - The first was Blogopedia) that I
      > > have outlived. I'm certainly hoping I don't doom MT. <laughing>
      >
      >I looked at the blogworks code and it wouldn't be terrible hard to hack in the
      >CC licensing. What sort of audience does it have and does that audience care
      >about this sort of thing?
      >
      >But yeah, a lot of weblog apps seem to taper off in their development
      >momentum.
      >
      >=Bill Kearney

      The audience tends to be pretty techy, but I don't think many of
      the users actually think of licensing. I originally got into it because of
      a mail ban list I prepare. I've just got to get into deep hack mode, and I
      can probably get it done, but, put bluntly, I suck at coding. I haven't
      written anything serious in probably 10 years. Oh, well.

      Well, I will be migrating to MT this weekend or so, I think. But
      I wouldn't mind getting the licensing in, as I have a couple of users who
      are going to stick with BW, as it meets their needs.

      Cheers,
      Sean
    • Bill Kearney
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        > The audience tends to be pretty techy, but I don't think many of
        > the users actually think of licensing. I originally got into it because of
        > a mail ban list I prepare. I've just got to get into deep hack mode, and I
        > can probably get it done, but, put bluntly, I suck at coding. I haven't
        > written anything serious in probably 10 years. Oh, well.

        Well, I could throw a few hours into adding the code, would the audience
        appreciate it? Dare I ask, would someone cough up a few bucks in appreciation?

        > Well, I will be migrating to MT this weekend or so, I think. But
        > I wouldn't mind getting the licensing in, as I have a couple of users who
        > are going to stick with BW, as it meets their needs.

        MT really does a nice job. That and it's developers have been just a joy to
        interact with.

        -Bill Kearney