Please ignore polls 356 and 357...

  • Jeff Barr
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2001
      Hi Folks,

      Polls 356 and 357 are no good. Just flat out broken. A bunch of feeds
      be exact) suddenly went from Polling to Awaiting Approval. This seemed like
      a very large number, and when I investigated I found out that I had broken
      my RSS parser in a very bad way. As Homer Simpson would say, "Doh!"

      I've fixed the bug and moved all 535 affected feeds back to Polling status.
      I'll create a Note on each one to this effect tomorrow.

      Oh well.

      Jeff;
    • Jeff Barr
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 27, 2001
        Ok, looks like things are better now. I fixed the logic to make sure
        that invalid polls
        did not enter into the calculation of the values used to transition a
        feed from Polling
        to Awaiting Approval. In order to give this logic a chance to work, I
        have reset the
        states again, and the next poll (359) will do the correct checking for
        readiness.

        I have also added logic to exclude invalid polls from the summary of
        polls on the
        feedinfo page, and to flag them as such on the polllist page.

        Sorry for the trouble.

        Jeff;