1RE: [syndication] Syndic8.com is now accepting site submissions...

  • Jeff Barr
    Sep 19, 2001
      Mike says:

      > Maybe we need a mailing list just for Syndic8 users to discuss
      > these issues (like I'm not subscribing to enough mailing lists
      > as it is :-))

      One of our users already thought of this and was kind enough to
      create the group for us at Yahoo. Let's move our discussion
      over to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syndic8.

      > A few things that would be nice:
      > - list feeds by name (a page with all feeds starting with A)
      > - in the current list, direct access to page N (show list
      > of page number at the bottom, so we can jump to page n)
      > - search by name

      I will get to the first one or two really soon.

      > I've been submitting feeds this morning and finding out
      > what is already there is time consuming...

      The suggest page will actually check to see if the feed is
      already known; you don't have to do this yourself.

      > Also, I'd like you oponion about submitting NewsIsFree
      > generated feeds (for scrapped sites):

      I would like to see the scraped sites listed. I can
      do a one-time import of the entire NewsIsFree list sometime
      soon if you would like.

      Jeff;

      > BTW, we already have 88 feed submissions from 6 different users.
      > Not bad for 12 hours!
      very good!

      A few things that would be nice:
      - list feeds by name (a page with all feeds starting with A)
      - in the current list, direct access to page N (show list
      of page number at the bottom, so we can jump to page n)
      - search by name

      I've been submitting feeds this morning and finding out
      what is already there is time consuming...

      Also, I'd like you oponion about submitting NewsIsFree
      generated feeds (for scrapped sites):
      I chose not to submit any now, I'll just add it on a
      case by case basis when a source is submitted and that
      users request it be scrapped.
      But you could also decide add them all and change the status
      from Scrapped to Officialy-Syndicated when/if an official feed
      because available.

      Maybe we need a mailing list just for Syndic8 users to discuss
      these issues (like I'm not subscribing to enough mailing lists
      as it is :-))

      Mike
      --
      NewsIsFree http://www.newsisfree.com/
      We serve 20000+ news feeds a day, for free. Please support us!