6305Three Women Production and Really Good Plath Blog/Website

  • Laura Winton
    Feb 1, 2013

      So our performance of Plath's Three Women went very well at Patrick's Cabaret in Minneapolis, and so we are hoping to do the full version, with dancers, in the Minnesota Fringe Festival.  The name of our group is Three Women Productions and includes myself, Brenda Bell Brown, and Roxanne Bergstrom (and three dancers TBA).

      Here’s an excerpt from the beginning of the poem:

      I am slow as the world.  I am very patient,

      Turning through my time, the suns and stars

      Regarding me with attention.

      The moon's concern is more personal:

      She passes and repasses, luminous as a nurse.

      Is she sorry for what will happen?  I do not think so.

      She is simply astonished at fertility.

      When I walk out, I am a great event.

      I do not have to think, or even rehearse.

      What happens in me will happen without attention.

      The pheasant stands on the hill;

      He is arranging his brown feathers.

      I cannot help smiling at what it is I know.

      Leaves and petals attend me.  I am ready.

      Toward that end as well, since we are all impoverished writers and performers, we have an Indiegogo Campaign set up to raise money for our Fringe admission fee.  We need $350, seeing as how we are a small show and only need a small venue.  If you can donate even $10 (or $5, or $1), that will help us out.  We will have our current fundraising up until February 8th, next Friday.  Even if you can’t come see the show, it would be great to have the support of Plath lovers to bring this long poem/performance piece to the stage.  Here's the link:

      I also wanted to share with the group this really good Sylvia Plath blog that includes lots of information about books that are published, are going to be published, or have been published on or about Plath, Ted Hughes, etc.