RE: Tandem rims

  • Geoff Semon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2007
      Hi Adrian

      Just had a look at Velocity's site and they don't show the 26" DeepV which I
      know they still make as they are still specced on the Co-motion tandems and
      others. We have used up to 2.125" nobbies on ours for a MTB race with no
      problems. Our wheels now have over 9,600kms and are still perfectly true.
      The next best will be the Aeroheat which is a bit lighter but should be OK.
      The best 700c touring/tandem rim is the Dyad. Peter White of
      http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/index.html who is rated on of the top wheel
      builders in the US recently posted that he had built up about 1700 Dyads
      compared to 100 odd Mavic rims which used to rule the roost.

      I'd give Velocity a ring direct on +61738896311 and ask wether you can get
      the 40h DeepV locally.

      Cheers

      Geoff