Re: Custom Oz tandem jersey?

  • Tracey and Marc
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2006
      Well, I can do a website.. won't be anything fancy, but it would be
      functional. I could buy a pretty cheap domain name, and then forward it
      .. I have truckloads of webspace. Then on it I could link to here...

      ????

      I have just taken measurements of the kids, and I'm not sure the women's
      6 on the hotdesign site will be small enough in the chest. for Zoe..
      (and even Alison). I couldn't see the smallest mens fitting any of the
      boys either... Hmmm.

      I will get back to them, and ask for samples and templates and the like.

      Tally:

      Tracey & Marc - 5
      Malcom - 3
      Tim - 2 plus?
      Roger - 3 or 4

      What?!! No pink! Zoe will be devastated ;-)

      Keep those ideas coming.

      Tracey

      PS. I am probably keen to expand it from Sydney Tandems.. to an "Aussie"
      one. (Or NSW?!!) Sydney feels a bit too far away for me! Others?

      --- In sydneytandems@yahoogroups.com, Roger Leigh <rleigh@...> wrote:

      > Hi Tracey
      >
      > I'll be in for 3 (maybe 4) jerseys.
      >
      > Some ideas for design:
      >
      > Get a template from the shirt supplier
      > Include a great picture of a tandem
      > Don't be afraid to steal the best ideas from other shirts (we
      plagiarized
      > heavily for the Cochlear shirt design)
      > A name that isn't obscure - Sydney Tandems or Aussie Tandems
      > A web site link that's memorable - I realise this needs some work
      outside
      > the shirt design
      > Bold blocks of colour
      > No pink!
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Roger
      >

      > "Tracey and Marc"
      > tracenmarc@icqma
      > il.com> To
      > Sent by: sydneytandems@yahoogroups.com
      > sydneytandems@yah cc
      > oogroups.com
      > Subject
      > [sydneytandems] Custom Oz tandem
      > 12/01/2006 01:26 jersey?
      > PM
      >

      > Please respond to
      > sydneytandems@yah
      > oogroups.com
      >

      > Started talking about getting a custom Tandem 'club' jersey made in
      > the "More Big Ride" thread.
      >
      > A few have already expressed an interest...
      >
      > So far we're up to a possible 8, maybe 10 or so... (and that's only 3
      > families...)
      >
      > I've gone into the options over in that thread, but maybe we can
      > continue talking about it here.
      >
      > So far there's:
      >
      > Tracey & Marc - 5
      > Malcom - 3
      > Tim - 2 plus?
      >
      > Need ideas for what wording and pics people would like. I will get Ms
      > 13 here to do a few designs... once we have a starting point.
      >
      > Anyone else interested? Can we make it up to the magic number of 21
      > at least (to bring the cost down to about $80 per shirt.)
      >
      > Tracey

      > "The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
      information, and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
      recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this
      material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this
      message in error, please notify us by return email and delete the
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 2, 2006

          Draft # 1....

          http://home.exetel.com.au/sandy/schmidtfiles/tandemdesign.htm

          Comments/feedback needed....

          Tracey.

> [...]
          > > >
          > > > Tracey & Marc - 5
          > > > Malcom - 3
          > > > Tim - 2 plus?
          > > >
          > > > Need ideas for what wording and pics people would like. I will get
          > Ms
          > > > 13 here to do a few designs... once we have a starting point.
          > > >
          > > > Anyone else interested? Can we make it up to the magic number of 21
          > > > at least (to bring the cost down to about $80 per shirt.)
          > > >
          > > > Tracey
          > > >

          > > > ==============================================
          > > >
          > > > "The information contained in this e-mail message may be
          > confidential
          > > information, and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
          > > recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this
          > > material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this
          > > message in error, please notify us by return email and delete the

        • Roger Leigh
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 3, 2006
            Hi Tracey

            I like the design but not the colours. The Australia map colour is a bit
            insipid and the background doesn't look appealing. What about a green map
            on a gold background - green or black piping.
            I think having the multi rider variants around the bottom is good.
            The piping on the sleeve and neck is a good place to put the web address.
            Don't forget the zip - avoid the zip impinging on the design.
            Looks like we'll be called Aussie Tandems by default

            I was thinking about whether we should have a moto on the back and found
            this site with some great quotes:
            http://www.bikeforall.net/content/quotes_about_cycling.php

            It was difficult to choose one. I was impressed that I have something in
            common with Michelle Pfeiffer. You should introduce your daughters to the
            quote of Susan Anthony.

            Cheers

            Roger

            "Tracey and Marc"
            <tracenmarc@icqma
            il.com> To
            Sent by: sydneytandems@yahoogroups.com
            sydneytandems@yah cc
            oogroups.com
            Subject
            [sydneytandems] Re: Custom Oz
            12/03/2006 06:55 tandem jersey?
            PM

            Please respond to
            sydneytandems@yah
            oogroups.com

> [...]

            > > > Tracey & Marc - 5
            > > > Malcom - 3
            > > > Tim - 2 plus?
            > > >
            > > > Need ideas for what wording and pics people would like. I will get
            > Ms
            > > > 13 here to do a few designs... once we have a starting point.
            > > >
            > > > Anyone else interested? Can we make it up to the magic number of 21
            > > > at least (to bring the cost down to about $80 per shirt.)
            > > >
            > > > Tracey
            > > >

            > > > ==============================================
            > > >
            > > > "The information contained in this e-mail message may be
            > confidential
            > > information, and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
            > > recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this
            > > material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this
            > > message in error, please notify us by return email and delete the

          • Geoff Semon
            Message 5 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
              I think the basic design is good but some bolder colours would be good. I'll post some pic's tomorrow of some tandem jersey's that I have pics of for some more ideas.

              Thanks Roger for the Trollart link. I've just solved a couple of Christmas present riddles.

              Cheers

              Geoff

              some design ideas... obviously not getting into how
              > it would go on a
              shirt yet, but just concepts...

              > Something bold, along the lines
              of the header she did for me here:

              http://www.spindrif t.biz/schmidtfil es/

              <http://www.spindrif t.biz/schmidtfil es/> (bold, only two colours, it
              > would stand out.)
              >
              > (which she did when she
              was just getting into the graphics stuff.
              > Obviously with that sort of
              thing she'd get more technically "correct"
              > with the bike
              frames!)

              > http://schmidtfiles .blogspot. com/
              <http://schmidtfiles .blogspot. com/>

              > The header
              on this is a tad more sophisticated. . but still sticking to a

              couple of colours.... and again, you'd find more representative

              tandems...

              http://home. exetel.com. au/sandy/ mumsbanner. jpg

              <http://home. exetel.com. au/sandy/ mumsbanner. jpg>

              http://home. exetel.com. au/sandy/ bannernovdolphin cait.jpg

              <http://home. exetel.com. au/sandy/ bannernovdolphin cait.jpg>

              > http://www.blue- lily.piczo. com/?cr=4&rfm=y

              <http://www.blue- lily.piczo. com/?cr=4&rfm=y> (the lily banner)

              > She's done more, but, they are on the kids computer
              and, long story,
              > don't have it on tonight: will get to it over the
              weekend.

              > I am also thinking along the lines of a more
              cartoonish drawing of
              > tandems.. a sort of behind view with 'bodies'
              pedalling... but her
              > abilities don't amount to drawing that sort of
              stuff...

              > --- In sydneytandems@ yahoogroups. com, "Tracey and Marc"
              tracenmarc@
              > wrote:
              > >

              > > Well, I can do
              a website.. won't be anything fancy, but it would be
              > > functional. I
              could buy a pretty cheap domain name, and then forward
              > it

              .. I have truckloads of webspace. Then on it I could link to here...

              > > ????
              > >
              > > I have just taken measurements
              of the kids, and I'm not sure the
              > women's
              > > 6 on the
              hotdesign site will be small enough in the chest. for Zoe..
              > > (and
              even Alison). I couldn't see the smallest mens fitting any of the

              boys either... Hmmm.

              > > I will get back to them, and ask
              for samples and templates and the
              > like.

              Tally:

              3
              > > Tim - 2 plus?
              > > Roger - 3 or 4
              > >
              > > What?!! No pink! Zoe will be devastated ;-)
              > >
              > > Keep
              those ideas coming.

              > > Tracey

              PS. I am probably keen to expand it from Sydney Tandems.. to an

              "Aussie"
              > > one. (Or NSW?!!) Sydney feels a bit too far away for me!
              Others?

              > > --- In
              sydneytandems@ yahoogroups. com, Roger Leigh rleigh@ wrote:

              > > > Hi Tracey
              > > >
              > > > I'll be in for 3 (maybe 4) jerseys.
              > > >
              > > > Some ideas for design:
              > > >
              > > > Get a template
              from the shirt supplier
              > > > Include a great picture of a
              tandem
              > > > Don't be afraid to steal the best ideas from other
              shirts (we
              > > plagiarized
              > > > heavily for the Cochlear
              shirt design)
              > > > A name that isn't obscure - Sydney Tandems or
              Aussie Tandems
              > > > A web site link that's memorable - I realise
              this needs some work
              > > outside
              > > > the shirt
              design
              > > > Bold blocks of colour
              > > > No
              pink!

              > > > Cheers
              > > >
              > > > Roger
              > > >

              > > > "Tracey and
              Marc"

              sydneytandems@ yah
              > > > oogroups.com
              > > >

              > > > Started talking about getting a custom
              Tandem 'club' jersey made in
              > > > the "More Big Ride"
              thread.

              > > > A few have already expressed an
              interest...

              > > > So far we're up to a possible 8,
              maybe 10 or so... (and that's only
              > 3

              families...)

              > > > I've gone into the options over
              in that thread, but maybe we can
              > > > continue talking about it
              here.

              3

              ============ ========= ========= ========= =======

              > > > "The information contained in this e-mail message may
              be
              > confidential
              > > information, and may also be privileged. If
              you are not the intended
              > > recipient, any use, interference with,
              disclosure or copying of this
              > > material is unauthorised and
              prohibited. If you have received this
              > > message in error, please
              notify us by return email and delete the

            • Tracey and Marc
              Message 6 of 15 , Dec 4, 2006
                *Taking notes* !! (from Geoff too in the other branch of this thread -
                some more design ideas would be good.)

                In no particular order:

                Have asked Hot Designs for a template drawing for the jersey, so we can
                design around a zip.

                Someone from there sent me another email saying they'd attached a kids
                sizes chart, but forgot to attach it. Chasing that up too. Also asked
                for a sample.

                A good quote would be a great idea.. (good link that!)... just hard to
                find one short and succinct enough. (Susan Anthony's quote reminds me
                of the feminist view that I've picked up around the traps that riding
                stoker on a tandem isn't independent enough.. too submissive to the male
                'captain'. (I suppose the answer to that is "The Stoker is Always
                Right")

                Any better ideas than Aussie tandems?... we were playing around with a
                few.. but kept coming back to that. Oz tandems.? Tandem Oz (the others
                reckoned that sounded like an 'event')... So Tandems Down Under would as
                well... Even considered expanding the Sydney concept to NSW.. but
                figured that wouldn't really work (although you could have a Blues
                theme to it...).. Anyway, seeing there aren't that many tandemers in
                Australia it seems a bit silly to limit ourselves... Tandems R Us.
                Have Kids Will Pedal (only works for those of us doing it with the
                kids..)

                If we go with the Aussie theme, does that mean we go with the gold and
                green?... Or just choose other colours altogether?

                  Message 8 of 15 , Dec 14, 2006
                    Sorry, come to a standstill on it with the xmas lead up. Maybe need to
                    find out how many are seriously interested before I get Cait to put any
                    more work into it... If we don't get an order of 21, it's probably going
                    to be too expensive. More than happy to go back to square one with the
                    design too... don't let the playing around so far put anyone off...

                    Tracey

                    wrote:

> [...]
                    > > > insipid and the background doesn't look appealing. What about a
                    > green
                    > > map
                    > > > on a gold background - green or black piping.
                    > > > I think having the multi rider variants around the bottom is good.
                    > > > The piping on the sleeve and neck is a good place to put the web
                    > > address.
                    > > > Don't forget the zip - avoid the zip impinging on the design.
                    > > > Looks like we'll be called Aussie Tandems by default
                    > > >
                    > > > I was thinking about whether we should have a moto on the back and
                    > > found
                    > > > this site with some great quotes:
                    > > > http://www.bikeforall.net/content/quotes_about_cycling.php
                    > > >
                    > > > It was difficult to choose one. I was impressed that I have
                    > something
                    > > in
                    > > > common with Michelle Pfeiffer. You should introduce your

                  • Roger Leigh
                    Message 9 of 15 , Dec 14, 2006
                      Acronym idea:

                      The good Society Of Recreaction TandemistS i.e. The good SORTS

                      Cheers

                      Roger

                      "Tracey and Marc"
                      <tracenmarc@icqma
                      il.com> To
                      Sent by: sydneytandems@yahoogroups.com
                      sydneytandems@yah cc
                      oogroups.com
                      Subject
                      [sydneytandems] Re: Custom Oz
                      12/15/2006 01:34 tandem jersey?
                      PM

                      Please respond to
                      sydneytandems@yah
                      oogroups.com

                      wrote:

> [...]
                      > > > insipid and the background doesn't look appealing. What about a
                      > green
                      > > map
                      > > > on a gold background - green or black piping.
                      > > > I think having the multi rider variants around the bottom is good.
                      > > > The piping on the sleeve and neck is a good place to put the web
                      > > address.
                      > > > Don't forget the zip - avoid the zip impinging on the design.
                      > > > Looks like we'll be called Aussie Tandems by default
                      > > >
                      > > > I was thinking about whether we should have a moto on the back and
                      > > found
                      > > > this site with some great quotes:
                      > > > http://www.bikeforall.net/content/quotes_about_cycling.php
                      > > >
                      > > > It was difficult to choose one. I was impressed that I have
                      > something
                      > > in
                      > > > common with Michelle Pfeiffer. You should introduce your

                    • Chris Horsfield
                      Message 10 of 15 , Dec 14, 2006
                        Roger Leigh wrote:
                        > Acronym idea:
                        >
                        > The good Society Of Recreaction TandemistS i.e. The good SORTS
                        >

                        > Cheers
                        >
                        > Roger

                        Surely we'd be the "Good Sorts".

                        Just need an a name to fit G.O.O.D. and we are there.

                        Chris
                      • Tracey and Marc
                        Message 11 of 15 , Dec 16, 2006
                          --- In sydneytandems@yahoogroups.com, Chris Horsfield <cjhfield@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Roger Leigh wrote:
                          > > Acronym idea:
                          > >
                          > > The good Society Of Recreaction TandemistS i.e. The good SORTS
                          > >

                          > > Cheers
                          > >
                          > > Roger
                          > >

                          > Surely we'd be the "Good Sorts".
                          >
                          > Just need an a name to fit G.O.O.D. and we are there.
                          >
                          > Chris

                          *LOL*... classic.

                          Tracey
                        • Timmmy W
                          Message 12 of 15 , Dec 21, 2006
                            Some other (very contrived) acronym ideas:

                            Sydney Tandem Riding Enthusiasts: Adults and Kids (or STRE:AKers)

                            League Of Sydney Tandemers (LOST)

                            Guild of Urban Sydney Tandem Obsessives (GUSTO)

                            Sydney Tandem Urban Ninjas (STUNners)

                            Band of Associated Sydney Tandemers And Related Devices

                            Tim
                            p.s. it looks like we're now committed to the first half of the NSW
                            Big Bike Ride (against my lesser judgement, as the stoker will be 6
                            months up the duff then.....)

                            <tracenmarc@...> wrote:

                            > --- In sydneytandems@yahoogroups.com, Chris Horsfield <cjhfield@>
                            > wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Roger Leigh wrote:
                            > > > Acronym idea:
                            > > >
                            > > > The good Society Of Recreaction TandemistS i.e. The good SORTS
                            > > >

                            > > > Cheers
                            > > >
                            > > > Roger
                            > > >

                            > > Surely we'd be the "Good Sorts".
                            > >
                            > > Just need an a name to fit G.O.O.D. and we are there.
                            > >
                            > > Chris
                            > >

                            > *LOL*... classic.
                            >
                            > Tracey

                          • Chris Horsfield
                            Message 13 of 15 , Dec 24, 2006
                              Timmmy W wrote:
                              > Some other (very contrived) acronym ideas:
                              >
                              > Sydney Tandem Riding Enthusiasts: Adults and Kids (or STRE:AKers)
                              >
                              > League Of Sydney Tandemers (LOST)
                              >
                              > Guild of Urban Sydney Tandem Obsessives (GUSTO)
                              >
                              > Sydney Tandem Urban Ninjas (STUNners)
                              >
                              > Band of Associated Sydney Tandemers And Related Devices
                              >
                              > Tim
                              > p.s. it looks like we're now committed to the first half of the NSW
                              > Big Bike Ride (against my lesser judgement, as the stoker will be 6
                              > months up the duff then.....)

                              Good ideas Tim. So you'll really be riding a triple.

                              Chris