Re: Transport of Tandems

  • Tracey and Marc
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
      Just thought you might be interested in the solution Marc came up
      with for transporting the triplet.

      http://schmidtfiles.blogspot.com/2006/11/now-thats-rack.html

      He got the idea from somewhere.. but designed it to suit, drew up
      plans on the 'puter, and got a metal fabricator to make it up. Ended
      up costing $450.

      I detailed the pitfalls of trailer-transporting in this write up
      (just completed) of the Spring Cycle.
      http://schmidtfiles.blogspot.com/2006/11/sydney-spring-cycle.html -
      and it was the dramas experienced there that have led to us putting
      the bikes back on the roof. Next challenge will be to get it on top
      of the landcruiser... or perhaps we'll just be stuck doing the bike
      gigs with the Commodore.

      You'd have to ask him any technical questions!!

      Tracey

      --- In sydneytandems@yahoogroups.com, "Ken" <kenbwilliams@...> wrote:

      > Att all: In the file section a text file has been started about
      > transporting tandems. Could you add your bit on tandem transport
      when
      > you get a chance and I will edit it later. Malcolm would have found
      > this useful if it had mentioned the Thule rack does not work on
      4x4s.
      > Anyu other pit falls that we can give people warnings on would be
      > good. Cheers, Ken.

    • Chris Horsfield
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        It looks pretty solid Tracey. Should be easier to
        cope with than a trailer.

        Chris