Re: [sydneytandems] White 2010 Medium/Small Cannondale Road Tandem 2 stolen from Canberra disability cycling group

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 15, 2012
      Thanks heaps, Peter - we may well take you up on your offer if we can't recover our beloved Cannondale.

      Also, I should add a minor correction - the bike was a 2010 model, not a 2009 as stated in my last e-mail.

      Regards,

      Alex.

      On 15/02/2012 8:00 PM, Peter Howell wrote:

      Alex-further-to-my-previous-message.-The-DuetII-can-be-set-up-in-road-format-with-Ultegra-10spd-STI.

      On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM, Alex Ip <user001@...> wrote:
      G'day all...

      Over the weekend, a tandem was stolen which belonged to FITability, a Canberra-based group providing cycling opportunities for disabled people (http://www.fitability.org.au) - it was heavily used and we miss it already. :(

      Could everyone please watch out for a stolen white 2010 Medium/Small Cannondale Road Tandem 2. The specs for the bike are at http://www.cannondale.com/2010-road-tandem-2, but a distinguishing feature of the the bike is that its shifters are Ultegra 6603 (external cables) instead of standard 6703 (internal cables). The serial number (from the sticker on the manual) was one of the following: B0IF000476,  8-84603 00483-8,  335764 or U105569.

      Because the bike is so distinctive, it's possible that the thieves may break it up for parts, so we will also be watching for the following secondhand items appearing for sale:
      • Ultegra 6603 shifters
      • Ultegra 6703 deraillieurs (front & rear)
      • Avid BB07 mechanical disk brakes
      • White industries disk hubs (40 spoke)
      • FSA Gossamer Tandem triple front/rear cranksets
      • Fizik seats (White with red trim)
      Please pass the word around - especially in Canberra and Sydney. Feel free to e-mail or call me on 0448 895 511, or call Meredyth Pettit from FITability on 0433 746 687 if you would like more information. FITability is now faced with the daunting challenge of raising sufficient funds to replace the stolen bike, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

      Thanks heaps,

      Alex Ip.

      On 14/02/2012 2:22 PM, Pettit, Meredyth wrote:

      Tandem bike stolen from Disability Cycling Group.

      Members of the FITability Tandem Cycling Group were shocked to discover the theft of their white  Cannondale tandem bike following a break in at a Reid town house complex on Sunday night.  The Cannondale tandem, recently donated to the group by the Lord's Taverners, was a vital part of the cycling program which provides sporting opportunities for Canberra’s vision impaired and blind people. In addition to taking the tandem, the thieves took three other bicycles belonging to one of the members of FITAbility.

      “We are absolutely devastated” says Meredyth Pettit, a vision impaired cyclist for the past two  and a half years.  “this is an amazing program which is run by volunteers and survives on donations;  it is a program which changes people’s lives.   I don’t understand how anyone could be so cruel to do something like this”.

      The theft has been reported to police.   FITability would like to make a plea to the Canberra community that if anyone spots the white Cannondale tandem or has any information on its whereabouts, please contact the AFP or FITability on 0433 74 66 87, or contact us through our website www.fitability.org.au

      Photograph:  Alex Ip piloting the white Cannondale tandem for vision impaired cyclist Meredyth Pettit on the 2011 Hartley Life Care Challenge

      cid:part6.04090807.01030500@...

      cid:part1.03080600.09050900@...

      --
      Peter Howell supporting OCF - see http://www.everydayhero.com.au/pegasuspete