Marrickville Concert

  • Stuart Davis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2012
      Hi guys.  I got this email (below), and you may have got it as well, but it was worth passing on.  I think it's a great opportunity to do a nice low-key choir night at what sounds like a great venue.

      One of my groups is doing it on July 21.

      I hope you can join me.

      Stuart Davis

      We would like to invite your choir to come along to a night of singing at Marrickville. Three choirs will sing their favourite songs to a maximum time of about 25 minutes... there will be no winners, no losers, no contest, just three choirs singing for the joy of it.

      Family and friends are welcome. Dinner is available from the Bistro. The bar is open.

      Marrickville Golf, Sporting and Community Club is in lovely leafy grounds in Wharf Street Marrickville, in spectacular setting beside the Cooks River. The clubhouse was originally a dance hall, and is an excellent acoustic space. There is plenty of parking, and no near neighbours.

      If sufficient number of choirs respond, and interest continues, we’ll continue the singing events once a month.

      I am a director at the club and the Board is keen to start musical events, particularly on Friday nights. We'd like to involve local community choirs, singers and musicians as much as possible.

      Come and enjoy a night of singing for the joy of it, and highlight the talents of your choir. We'd love you to be part of this event, and we're open to ideas regarding the performances, for example, would the choirs like to finish with a common song, or a solo singer from each choir?

      The first singing date planned is Friday 22nd June. See the attached flier to print off for your choir.

      To register your interest or discuss the event,  contact Lyndall Hough 0412 268 313 or email lyndallhough@...

       Regards and happy singing

       Lyndall.