Re: costar camera driver

  • Bret McKee
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 10, 2012
      Mike:

      Sorry to hear you are having trouble.  The only known issue with the installer is for languages which use the comma instead of the period/full-stop as the decimal separator (i.e where you write one and one half as 1,5), and I think the alternate installer fixes that.

      If you could let me know where you are/what your language is set to, and if you could either upload to the files section or email me off list (bretm at daddog dot com) a screenshot of the error dialog that would be the best place to start.

      Bret
    • Mike Jackson
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10, 2012
        Hi Bret

        Thanks for you responce I am away from home till tommorow so will send a screen shot over when I get home.
        My location is leicester UK and keyboard is set for united kingdom.
        Aafter entering all information ie number of cameras and clicking install the pc runs for about five to ten seconds then produces an ilegal exception message .

        Mike

        Bret McKee <bretm@...> wrote:

        >Mike:
        >
        >Sorry to hear you are having trouble. The only known issue with the
        >installer is for languages which use the comma instead of the
        >period/full-stop as the decimal separator (i.e where you write one and one
        >half as 1,5), and I think the alternate installer fixes that.
        >
        >If you could let me know where you are/what your language is set to, and if
        >you could either upload to the files section or email me off list (bretm at
        >daddog dot com) a screenshot of the error dialog that would be the best
        >place to start.
        >
        >Bret
      • mp.jackson
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 13, 2012

          Hi Bret

          I have double checked the language and my settings are united kingdom english keyboard. I have checked that the separator is a full stop and not a comma . And I still get an exception just after pressing the install button.

          I have attached a screen shot , hope this may give you some clues.
          is it possible to manualy install a driver into ascom ?

          Mike
          Sorry to hear you are having trouble.  The only known issue with the installer is for languages which use the comma instead of the period/full-stop as the decimal separator (i.e where you write one and one half as 1,5), and I think the alternate installer fixes that.

          If you could let me know where you are/what your language is set to, and if you could either upload to the files section or email me off list (bretm at daddog dot com) a screenshot of the error dialog that would be the best place to start.

          Bret

        • bretm151
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 24, 2012
            Just to make sure the solution ends up in this forum, after some debugging (and some luck :-) we figured out that some version of the .NET runtime was either missing or in need of upgrading.

            At last report, after upgrading things are working better.

            Bret
          • Mike Jackson
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 25, 2012
              Hi Bret

              After a few nights of imaging this week I can safely say that the driver is functioning perfectly .
              After upgrading my net. The installer worked first time .

              Mike