HS- Rail note - FRA's Joe Szabo & Deputy Karen Rae to Keynote regional seminars

  • geneous
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
      From Ken Ruben...

      The American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and the International Union of Railways (UIC) announced that Federal Railroad Administrator Joseph Szabo and FRA Deputy Administrator Karen Rae will be keynote speakers at regional seminars on high-speed rail in February. APTA and UIC developed three regional seminars to provide U.S. decision makers with the information necessary to implement high-speed rail.

      The seminars, titled "International Practicum on Implementing High-Speed Rail in the United States," will be held on February 8-9 in Washington, DC; February 9-11 in Chicago, IL; and February 11-13 in Los Angeles, CA.

      The rest of the story is at <http://tinyurl.com/FRAHS01>.
    • HowieDash@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
        Being a retired railroader that is thinking of doing a little consulting in commuter rail and maybe high-speed rail, I actually thought about going to this conference. It would have given me an excuse to ride the Sunset and visit my sister in LA. Problem is you have to be an APTA member, which I am not and the cost is $1000, which to too rich for my blood.

        Howie Dash
        Las Cruces, NM

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010

          --

          If you'd like to attend a meeting that's less costly, check out the
          web site of TXARP for public meetings at: www.TXARP.org OR, Google"

          I'd be there if it wasn't for a tight budget & health issues..

          Howard Bingham
          www.TXARP.org

          ---
        • HowieDash@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2010
            What was attractive about the LA trip was the ability to stay at my sister's for free. Rail trip to LA easier than Dallas, at least until they extend the Texas Eagle to LA.

            -
            If you'd like to attend a meeting that's less costly, check out the
            eb site of TXARP for public meetings at: www.TXARP.org OR, Google"
            Texas Rail Advocates" as both meetings occur about a week or two
            rom now in Dallas, Texas Rail Advocates meets on several days &
            XARP meets on Saturday, BOTH at the same hotel which is on the
            allas DART light-rail line..
            I'd be there if it wasn't for a tight budget & health issues..
            Howard Bingham
            ww.TXARP.org
            ---