Finally, an Administration follows the law]

  • Bill Lindley
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2003
      October 2003 commentary by Bruce Richardson of U.R.P.A. --

      "The Bush administration announced in September the intent to nominate three new members of the Amtrak board of directors, all of which are eminently qualified to serve on the board. What's so different about this crop of members?"

      rest of the story:

      http://www.unitedrail.org/news/200310.html
    • Doug Ohlemeier
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 10, 2003
        I doubt Bob Crandall will be of any help to Amtrak, since as has been
        reported elsewhere, he's only interested in corridor trains. Those
        trains won't be of much help to people wanting to travel to or from
        Arizona or New Mexico.....

        Thankfully, the Senate doesn't appear interested in going along with
        the Bush Administration's so-called reform, I mean, Amtrak death plans...