Re:Asteroid 136199

  • Bogdan Krusinski
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 1, 2007

      > Asteroid [136199]

      *asteroid* only if you think the Pluto is the comet...

      with best regards
      Bogdan Krusinski

    • yarda@rogers.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 1, 2007
        What has the asteroid 136199 to do with Pluto or a comet, for God's sake????
        I was only pointing to the fact that there is a superfluous file in the 136 directory.

        Jerry

        *asteroid* only if you think the Pluto is the comet...

        with best regards

        Bogdan Krusinski

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;
        }
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        padding-top:10px;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar{
        clear:both;
        margin:25px 0;
        white-space:nowrap;
        color:#666;
        text-align:right;
        }
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;
        white-space:nowrap;
        }
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        padding:15px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-ft{
        font-family:verdana;
        font-size:77%;
        border-top:1px solid #666;
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;
        }

        #ygrp-vital{
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:2px 0 8px 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        font-size:77%;
        font-family:Verdana;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#333;
        text-transform:uppercase;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;
        margin:2px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        list-style-type:none;
        clear:both;
        border:1px solid #e0ecee;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#ff7900;
        float:right;
        width:2em;
        text-align:right;
        padding-right:.5em;
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;
        }
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;
        }

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        padding:6px 13px;
        background-color:#e0ecee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;
        margin:0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        list-style-type:square;
        padding:6px 0;
        font-size:77%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;
        font-size:130%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        background-color:#eee;
        margin-bottom:20px;
        padding:0 8px;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        font-family:Arial;
        font-weight:bold;
        color:#628c2a;
        font-size:100%;
        line-height:122%;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;
        }
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
        margin:0;
        }
        o {font-size:0;}
        .MsoNormal {
        margin:0 0 0 0;
        }
        #ygrp-text tt{
        font-size:120%;
        }
        blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
        .replbq {margin:4;}
        -->

      • Bogdan Krusinski
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 1, 2007

          > What has the asteroid 136199 to do with Pluto
          > or a comet, for God's sake????

          The size. The smaller Pluto is a *comet* if the bigger (136199) is an *asteroid*... ;)

          with best regards
          Bogdan Krusinski

        • Alois Treindl
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 1, 2007
            yarda@... wrote:

            > I was only pointing to the fact that there is a superfluous file in the 136 directory.

            No way superfluous. It is the long 6000 year file, good for 3000 AD to
            3000 BC.
          • Tim
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 3, 2007
              Can someone advise on the use of Swiss Ephemeris to produce specific
              ephemeris tables to be published as hard copy and then sold. The License for
              the free edition appears only conderned with distributing open source code
              and not the output from such code; I'd be happy to make any code produced to
              generate tables available under the terms of the license.
              Tim
            • Alois Treindl
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 4, 2007
                Tim wrote:

                > Can someone advise on the use of Swiss Ephemeris to produce specific
                > ephemeris tables to be published as hard copy and then sold. The License for
                > the free edition appears only conderned with distributing open source code
                > and not the output from such code; I'd be happy to make any code produced to
                > generate tables available under the terms of the license.
                > Tim

                Hello

                we request 3% royalties from sales, and you need to make an appropriate
                prepayment. The free license does not cover production of commercial
                items like printed ephemeris books.

                Alois Treindl
              • kinvenkat_11
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 4, 2007
                  Hi kumara,

                  I am also working on developing the shadbala, is it possible for
                  you to share your knowledge with us so that we can easily develop
                  the shadbala using swiss ephemerisis.

                  Thank You
                  Venkat
                  --- In swisseph@yahoogroups.com, "kumara.sanjaya"
                  <kumara.sanjaya@...> wrote:

                  > --- In swisseph@yahoogroups.com, Alois Treindl <alois@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > kumara.sanjaya wrote:
                  > > > Dear Group,
                  > > > I am building a vedic astrology software keeping the swiss
                  > ephemeris as
                  > > > the basis for all calculations. In vedic astrology, shadbala
                  (six
                  > fold
                  > > > strength) of planets is determined and on of the six fold
                  > strengths is
                  > > > called Chesta Bala or retrogressional strength. It says that a
                  > planet
                  > > > in retrogression (applies only to Mer, Ven, Mar, Jup and Sat)
                  has
                  > > > higher chesta bala than a planet which was in retrogression
                  and
                  > now has
                  > > > moved forward. The formulae described in Brihat Parashara Hora
                  > Shastra
                  > > > for calculation of retrogressional strength are complex. We
                  will
                  > need
                  > > > to find something known as shreegrochha for a planet, which
                  some
                  > > > persons have translated as "APOGEE" of a planet. Can anyone
                  > kindly how
                  > > > to find the Apogee of planets like Mer, Jup, Mar, Sat and Ven
                  > usingthe
                  > > > swiss ephemeris? I read in the documentation about lunar
                  apogee.
                  > > > However, I am at loss to understand this concept of Planet's
                  > apogee. I
                  > > > request you to kindly help me and your answers and guidance
                  will
                  > help
                  > > > me improve my otherwise childish knowledge of astronomy.
                  > > >

                  > > hello
                  > >
                  > > I am not familiar with vedic astrology, and do not know the
                  > definitions
                  > > you require.
                  > >
                  > > Apogee is a term applicable for objects orbiting the Earth, i.e.
                  > for
                  > > example the Moon.
                  > >
                  > > For objects orbiting the Sun the word is Aphel, and it is that
                  > point of
                  > > the orbit with the greatest distance from the Sun.
                  > >
                  > > In an ideal elliptical orbit, this is along the long axis of the
                  > > ellipse. This line is calles the 'apsis line' or 'apsides line',
                  > and its
                  > > end points are the perihel (closest point to Sun) and aphel.
                  > >
                  > > In Swiss ephemeris, you can use the function swe_nod_aps_ut(),
                  see
                  > > setion 5 of the programmer's documentation, to compute the
                  apsides,
                  > i.e.
                  > > perihel and aphel, for any of the planets.
                  > >
                  > > I would expect that for a traditoon bound body of knowledge like
                  > > hindu/vedic astrology, you will want the MEAN apsides, not the
                  > > OSCULATING ones. Only the mean values would have been known to
                  the
                  > > ancients, before numerical computers.
                  > >
                  > > This means you set the iflag bit SE_NODBIT_MEAN in the call.
                  > >
                  > > Alois
                  > >
                  > Dear Alois,
                  >
                  > Thanks for your really fast reply. This is what makes you and the
                  > group simply great. You have answered most of my questions. I will
                  > try it out in code and get back to you for further clarifications.
                  > Thanks Again for the timely and great help. Please accept my
                  > heartfelt gratitude.
                  > Dr. Kumara Sanjaya

                • astroshorav_dev
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 8, 2012
                    Dear Sir,

                    I have had the same problems while calculating the Shadbala of the planets especially all these astronomical stuffs. However. I took some variable and array value that is used in general in the book of Mr. V P Jain named as "Elements of Astronomy and Astrological Calculations". The I wrote the function and thus i am getting the desired result.

                    Thanks

                    Shorav