ARES 2006 CALL FOR PAPERS - SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENDEDTO DEC 15TH

  • manhtho
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2005
      (Apologies for multiple copies due to cross postings. Please send to
      interested colleagues and students)

      Due to many recent request, the submission deadline of ARES 2006 is
      extended to December 15th, 2005.

      ARES 2006 CALL FOR PAPERS:
      The First International Conference on Availability, Reliability and
      Security (AReS) ARES 2006 - "The International Dependability
      Conference- Bridging Theory and Practice"

      April, 20th â€" April, 22nd 2006
      Vienna University of Technology
      http://www.ares-conf.org

      In conjunction with AINA 2006 (The IEEE 20th International
      Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (
      http://www.aina-conference.org/2006/)

      Objectives
      ----------

      The First International Conference on Availability, Reliability and
      Security ("ARES 2006 â€" The International Dependability Conference")
      will bring together researchers and practitioners in the area of
      dependability.

      ARES 2006 will highlight the various aspects of dependability -
      especially on the crucial linkage between availability, reliability,
      and security.

      ARES 2006 aims at a full and detailed discussion of the research
      issues of dependability as an integrative concept that covers
      amongst others availability, safety, confidentiality, integrity,
      maintainability and security in the different fields of applications.

      ARES 2006 will emphasize on the interplay between foundations and
      practical issues of dependability in emerging areas such as e-
      government, m-government, location-based applications, ubiquitous
      computing, autonomous computing, chances of grid computing etc.

      ARES 2006 is devoted to the critical examination and research
      challenges of the various aspects of Dependable Computing and the
      definition of a future road map.

      Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

      * Secure Enterprise Architectures
      * (Process based) Security Models / Methods
      * Risk planning, analysis & awareness
      * Availability and Reliability
      * Reliability Models
      * Failure Prevention
      * Dependability Assessment
      * Standards, Guidelines and Certification
      * Common Criteria Protocol
      * Security in Distributed Systems / Distributed Databases
      * Dependability in Open Source Software
      * Authorization and Authentication
      * Dependability Requirement Engineering
      * Network Security
      * Software Security
      * Dependability Modelling and Prediction
      * Cryptographic protocols
      * Intrusion Detection and Fraud Detection
      * Privacy-enhancing technologies
      * Security and privacy issues for sensor networks, wireless/mobile
      devices and applications
      * Security and Trust Management in P2P and Grid applications
      * Survivability of Computing Systems
      * Interoperability aspects
      * Security as Quality of Service.
      * Information Flow Control
      * Dependability Modelling and Prediction
      * Tools for Dependable System Design and Evaluation
      * Temporal Aspects of Dependability
      * Dependability administration
      * Dependability Measurement and Analysis
      * Dependability Benchmarking
      * Trust Models and Trust Management
      * Fault/Bug Tolerant Aspects
      * Internet Dependability
      * E-Commerce Dependability
      * Safety Critical Systems
      * Software Engineering of Dependable Systems
      * Dependability Aspects of Mobile Government (m-Government)
      * Dependability Aspects of Electronic Government (e-Government)
      * Effectivity of Biometrics
      * Security in Electronic Voting
      * Security Issues for Ubiquitous Systems
      * Availability of Pervasive Computing Systems
      * Dependability Aspects for Special Applications (e.g ERP-Systems,
      Logistics)
      * Designing Business Models with security requirements
      * Security for Biometrics Applications
      * Security in Electronic Payments
      * Incident Response and Prevention
      * Mobile Resources/Services
      * Mobile Security
      * VOIP/Wireless Security
      * Web Security
      * RFID Security and Privacy
      * User Interfaces and Dependability
      * Legal issues
      * IPR of Security Technology

      Submission Guidelines
      ---------------------
      Authors are invited to submit research and application papers
      following the IEEE Computer Society Proceedings Manuscripts style:
      two columns, single-spaced, including figures and references, using
      10 fonts, and number each page. You can confirm the IEEE Computer
      Society Proceedings Author Guidelines at the following web page:

      or
      http://www.tinmith.net/tabletop2006/IEEE/Format/instruct.htm

      Submission papers are classified into 3 categorizes (1) full paper
      (8 pages), (2) short paper (5 pages), and (3) poster (2 pages)
      representing original, previously unpublished work. Submitted papers
      will be carefully evaluated based on originality, significance,
      technical soundness, and clarity of exposition.

      Contact author must provide the following information at the
      AReS2006 web site: paper title, authors' names, affiliations, postal
      address, phone, fax, and e-mail address of the author(s), about 200-
      250 word abstract, and about five keywords. Prepare your paper in
      PDF file and submit it at our web site:

      Submission of a paper implies that should the paper be accepted, at
      least one of the authors will register and present the paper in the
      conference. Accepted papers will be given guidelines in preparing
      and submitting the final manuscript(s) together with the
      notification of acceptance.

      Proceedings of the ARES 2006 conference will be published by IEEE
      Computer Society Press. Based on quality and referee reviews, some
      papers not suitable for acceptance as full paper will be accepted
      for presentation at ARES 2006 in Poster category and will be also
      included in the IEEE Proceedings. The best papers selected by ARES
      2006 program committee out of papers accepted for presentation at
      ARES 2006 will be further published in some International journals.

      Important Dates
      ---------------
      > Workshop Proposal: September, 30th 2005
      > Submission Deadline: December, 4th 2005 ==> Extension: December
      15th,
      > 2005 Author Notification: January, 15th 2006 Author Registration:
      > February, 1st 2006 Proceedings Version: February, 1st 2006

      ARES 2006 Workshops

      =====================
      In conjunction with the AReS2006 conference, the following workshops
      will be organised.

      Workshop 1: The First International Workshop on Dependable and
      Sustainable Peer-to-Peer Systems (DAS-P2P 2006), Yusuke Doi, TOSHIBA
      Corporation, Japan + Youki Kadobayashi, Nara Institute of Science
      and Technology, Japan + Kenji Saito, Keio University, Japan. DAS-P2P
      2006 (http://das-p2p.wide.ad.jp/

      Workshop 2: "Bayesian Networks in Dependability", BND 2006, Hichem
      Boudali, University of Virginia, USA + Stefania Montani, University
      of Piemonte Orientale, Italy. BND 2006
      (http://www.mfn.unipmn.it/~stefania/BND2006cfp.html)

      Workshop 3: "Dependability in large-scale service-oriented systems"
      (DILSOS), Karl M. Göschka + Schahram Dustdar + Mehdi Jazayeri,
      Vienna University of Technology, Austria. DILSOS
      (http://www.ares-conf.org?q=dilsos)

      Workshop 4: "Value-based Software Engineering for Dependable
      Software-Based Systems" (VBSE DSS), Stefan Biffl, Vienna University
      of Technology + Paul Grünbacher, Johannes Kepler University Linz,
      Austria. VBSE DSS (http://www.ares-conf.org?q=vbsedss)

      Workshop 5: "Security in E-Learning", SEL, Edgar R. Weippl, Vienna
      University of Technology, Ismail K. Ibrahim, Johannes Kepler
      University Linz, Austria. SEL (http://www.ares-conf.org?q=sel)

      Workshop 6: International Workshop "Dependability Aspects on Data
      WArehousing and Mining applications" (DAWAM 2006), Jimmy Huang, York
      University, Canada + Josef Schiefer, Senactive IT-Dienstleistungs
      GmbH, Austria + Nguyen Manh Tho, Vienna University of Technology,
      Austria. DAWAM 2006 (http://www.ares-conf.org?q=dawam)

      Workshop 7: 1st International Workshop on Bioinformatics and
      Security (BIOS 06), Küng Josef, University of Linz, FAW Austria +
      Mazuran Petra, FAW, Austria + Wagner Roland, University of Linz, FAW
      Austria . BIOS 06 (http://www.ares-conf.org?q=bios)

      ARES2006 Organizing Committee
      =============================

      Honorary Co-Chairs
      -------------------
      Norman Revell, Middlesex University, United Kingdom
      Roland Wagner, University of Linz, Austria

      General Co-Chairs
      ------------------
      Guenther Pernul, University of Regensburg, Germany
      Makoto Takizawa, Tokyo Denki University, Japan

      Program Co-Chairs
      ------------------
      Gerald Quirchmayr, University of Southern Australia, Australia A Min
      Tjoa, Vienna University of Technology, Austria

      Workshops Co-Chairs
      --------------------
      Nguyen Manh Tho, Vienna University of Technology, Austria Abdelkader
      Hameurlain, University of Toulouse, France Leonard Barolli, Fukuoka
      Institute of Technology (FIT), Japan

      International Liaison Chair
      ----------------------------
      Maria Wimmer, University of Koblenz-Landau, Germany
      Charles Shoniregun, University of East London, United Kingdom

      Publicity Chair
      ---------------------
      Vladimir Marik, Czech Technical University, Czech Republic

      Publication Chair
      ------------------
      Monika Lanzenberger, Norwegian University of Science and Technology,
      Trondheim, Norway

      Local Organizing Co-Chairs
      ---------------------------
      Maria Schweikert, Vienna University of Technology, Austria Markus
      Klemen, Vienna University of Technology, Austria

      Program Committee
      See the ARES 2006 Website (http://www.ares-conf.org/?q=pc)

      For further information, please contact Workshop co-chair:
      Dr. Nguyen Manh Tho,
      Institute of Software Technology and Interactive Systems, Vienna
      University of Technology, Favoritenstraße 9-11/188 A-1040 Vienna,
      Austria,
      Tel.: +43-1-58801-18862,
      Fax: +43-1-58801-18899,
      email: tho@...