PLAY DAY AS A GREAT DAY

  • midon6182
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2006
      THE PLAY DAY @ Lovers Key was loads of learning & FUN for everyone!
      Many of the usual suspects brought extra boats and some people tried
      them all !We had informal Forward Stroke classes on the water,we had
      impromptu re-entry classes, we showed folks the limits to kayaks by
      Leaning & edging them on there sides. & answered as many questions
      as we could.There were many newcomers & they definitely learned the
      difference of one kayak to another. There were also longtime
      canoeist that wanted to learn more about camping from a kayak &
      folks that had dipped a paddle a few times up North wanted to see
      what it might be like in 90o water. The Dolphins kept poking their
      heads up to make sure everybody was O.K.
      I want to welcome all the NEWCOMERS & hope you had a good time!!!
      I also want to thank all the club members from both clubs that
      brought did everything from bringing kayaks or food to helping put
      people in boats or help by being a safety boat! Special thanks to
      Don McCumber for putting the day together. Mike Devlin
      SEPT10th we are having a KAYAK SPLASH BASH@ Sugden Park in Naples
      (same as Play Day) 9:00. more info to come Mike Devlin

      REMEMBER: RESPECT THE WATER - KNOW YOUR ABILITIES -
      PADDLE @ YOUR OWN RISK
      BE SAFE & HAVE