GREAT STUFF HAPPENING SOON!!

  • midon6182
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 26, 2006
      Subject:
      The 30th is The Little Manatee River trip with Dave Whitford.

      August 5th there will be something for everybody!!!Tom Nelson will
      lead a group around Lovers Key @ 9:30 .RATED2. ALSO, there will be
      an easy trip to Mound Key. Lead by Gator Bait Mike. Gator Bait grew
      up on the Estero Bay. We may tour the mound if the bugs aren't too
      bad. ALSO I will give a FREE FORWARD STROKE REVIEW @ 8:45. Learn to
      go further & faster with less effort or find out why certain body
      parts hurt OR how to get a FULL BODY WORKOUT from paddling!! This
      day is for everyone. Even if you are a total beginner, you don't
      have to go on any trip you can just paddle in the shallow water
      where the Forward Stroke Review was held. Call Tom Nelson & tell him
      you are coming 594-8109

      August 20th is THE P-L-A-Y D-A-Y @ Lovers Key on the Bay side. We
      are encouraged to bring an extra boat or 2 so paddlers can try
      different boats & paddles etc. I will give a Forward Stroke Review .
      (come to both you will pick up something new each time) & remember
      we paddle forward 97% of the time & it is the least practiced!!! We
      will also do some re-entry practice in the VERY SHALLOW & CALM
      WATER!!! There is talk of food .(I'll let you know) Call Don Mc
      Cumber 239-369-6380 Mike Devlin
    • Carey Parks
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 27, 2006
        Hi Mike & Mike,

        I'm putting these events in the group calendar and want to be sure the forward stroke review is before the Lover's Key paddle not Mound Key?  And Gaitor Bait, when you have a launch time I'll update the calendar. Also if you'd like people to let you know they are comming I'll put in your phone no or e-mail.  Just lemme know.

        Cheers,

        Carey

      • ktorman@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 29, 2006
          Hi,
          I'm Wa-a-a-a-y up here in Sarasota. Could you give directions and approximate drive time, as well as how long the Lover's Key paddle is expected to be?
          Kayne
          From: "midon6182" <midon6182@...>

          > Subject:
          > The 30th is The Little Manatee River trip with Dave Whitford.
          >
          > August 5th there will be something for everybody!!!Tom Nelson will
          > lead a group around Lovers Key @ 9:30 .RATED2. ALSO, there will be
          > an easy trip to Mound Key. Lead by Gator Bait Mike. Gator Bait grew
          > up on the Estero Bay. We may tour the mound if the bugs aren't too
          > bad. ALSO I will give a FREE FORWARD STROKE REVIEW @ 8:45. Learn to
          > go further & faster with less effort or find out why certain body
          > parts hurt OR how to get a FULL BODY WORKOUT from paddling!! This
          > day is for everyone. Even if you are a total beginner, you don't
          > have to go on any trip you can just paddle in the shallow water
          > where the Forward Stroke Review was held. Call Tom Nelson & tell him
          > you are coming 594-8109
          >
          > August 20th is THE P-L-A-Y D-A-Y @ Lovers Key on the Bay side. We
          > are encouraged to bring an extra boat or 2 so paddlers can try
          > different boats & paddles etc. I will give a Forward Stroke Review .
          > (come to both you will pick up something new each time) & remember
          > we paddle forward 97% of the time & it is the least practiced!!! We
          > will also do some re-entry practice in the VERY SHALLOW & CALM
          > WATER!!! There is talk of food .(I'll let you know) Call Don Mc
          > Cumber 239-369-6380 Mike Devlin
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > swflpc-unsubs cribe@yahoogroups.com

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Don
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 30, 2006
            --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, ktorman@... wrote:

            > Hi,
            > I'm Wa-a-a-a-y up here in Sarasota. Could you give directions and
            approximate drive time, as well as how long the Lover's Key paddle is
            expected to be?
            > Kayne

            Kayne -
            Here is a link to a map - http://snipurl.com/u3ww Take I-75
            south to exit 116 - Bonita Springs Road. Go west, past 41. The road
            takes a 90 degree curve to the right. Continue north - you will cross
            several bridges before you come to Carl E. Johnson Park.We will be on
            the right, either in a large parking area north of the boat ramp, or
            in a field past that parking lot. It will probably take you about 2
            to 2 1/2 hours, once you get on I-75 in Sarasota.
            The "Play Day" is a pretty informal sort of thing, if that's what
            you're asking about. You can just paddle around the area a bit, if
            you want to try out some different boats, or there will probably be a
            short trip to Mound Key, or maybe around to the beach. It's a good
            way to meet some people with similar interests, and an opportunity to
            try out some other equipment (without having sales people watching
            your every move). See you there!
            Don

            > From: "midon6182" <midon6182@...>
            >

            > > Subject:
            > > The 30th is The Little Manatee River trip with Dave Whitford.
            > >
            > > August 5th there will be something for everybody!!!Tom Nelson will
            > > lead a group around Lovers Key @ 9:30 .RATED2. ALSO, there will be
            > > an easy trip to Mound Key. Lead by Gator Bait Mike. Gator Bait grew
            > > up on the Estero Bay. We may tour the mound if the bugs aren't too
            > > bad. ALSO I will give a FREE FORWARD STROKE REVIEW @ 8:45. Learn to
            > > go further & faster with less effort or find out why certain body
            > > parts hurt OR how to get a FULL BODY WORKOUT from paddling!! This
            > > day is for everyone. Even if you are a total beginner, you don't
            > > have to go on any trip you can just paddle in the shallow water
            > > where the Forward Stroke Review was held. Call Tom Nelson & tell him
            > > you are coming 594-8109
            > >
            > > August 20th is THE P-L-A-Y D-A-Y @ Lovers Key on the Bay side. We
            > > are encouraged to bring an extra boat or 2 so paddlers can try
            > > different boats & paddles etc. I will give a Forward Stroke Review .
            > > (come to both you will pick up something new each time) & remember
            > > we paddle forward 97% of the time & it is the least practiced!!! We
            > > will also do some re-entry practice in the VERY SHALLOW & CALM
            > > WATER!!! There is talk of food .(I'll let you know) Call Don Mc
            > > Cumber 239-369-6380 Mike Devlin
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Don
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 30, 2006
              --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, "Don" <Multiplants@...> wrote:
              > Kayne -
              > Here is a link to a map - http://snipurl.com/u3ww

              Well, the link did not save the map as I had it on my screen...
              computers!!! Using the toolbar on the left of the map, zoom out to
              "city" level, and then click the arrow in the lower right hand corner
              of the map. You will now see Carl E. Johnson Park. That's the place.
              Re-position the center of the map, and zoom in or out to find your route.
              Don
            • ktorman@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 30, 2006
                Thanks Don,
                Don't know if we'll make the drive, but that area is on my list of places I'd love to paddle. We paddled about 10 miles in Ft. Desoto near St. Pete today. It's a beautiful area, but the heat really got to me today. I'll definately try to paddle with you guys some day!
                Kayne

                From: "Don" <Multiplants@...>

                > --- In swflpc@yahoogroups.com, "Don" wrote:
                > > Kayne -
                > > Here is a link to a map - http://snipurl.com/u3ww
                >
                > Well, the link did not save the map as I had it on my screen...
                > computers!!! Using the toolbar on the left of the map, zoom out to
                > "city" level, and then click the arrow in the lower right hand corner
                > of the map. You will now see Carl E. Johnson Park. That's the place.
                > Re-position the center of the map, and zoom in or out to find your route.
                > Don
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                > <*> To uns ubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • Donna or Mike
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 31, 2006
                  Forweard Stroke Review @ 8;45 then the trips will leave  Mike Devlin