Caloosahatcee River Trip- Alva Sat 8/27

  • parrotville1
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2005
      About 10 miles east of Ft Myers following the Caloosahatcee River is
      a small town of Alva. This part of the river gets slightly smaller
      an more scenic. There are some Ox Bows in the river along with some
      old houses from yester year. I would rate this trip fairly easy for
      anyone with any basic paddling skills.

      Will meet at the Cracker Barrel on I-75 and State Rd 80 for
      Breakfast.
      After eating we can wagon train to the launch site.

      Bring lots of H20, lunch, sun screen and you water stick.

      Call for more information and a head count.

      Dave Whitford
      239-250-4445 or 239-455-3888

      Note: The Current Design Storm is no longer available.
    • deirdre mullin
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2005
        Hi
        I would love to participate in this trip but I'm thinking it may not happen with the forecast this weekend. I haven't paddled with the club in awhile or been in touch with anyone. If the trip is rescheduled would you please contact me so I can join you? Thanks so much
        Deirdre (239) 731-2913

        http://mail.yahoo.com