Paddle to Thirsting Lake Cape Coral

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2013
      Saturday, September 28, 2013

      Launch 8:45am sharp from Gulf Coast Kayaks, 4120 Pine Island Rd, Matlacha.  (North side of road, you'll see kayaks on a trailer).

      Jim Neihaus (fossil guy) will lead us from Gulf Coast Kayaks to Thirsting Lake and back (free).  Gulf Coast Kayaks has invited our Paddling Club to launch from their Matlacha home base for this trip.  It's a 5-6 mile round trip paddle, the incoming tide makes this an easy paddle.  If paddling this trip in a kayak is not challenging enough, you can paddle an SUP instead.

      Kayak and SUP rentals are available, call 283-1125 in advance.

      All paddlers will fill out a waiver form.

      Please RSVP to me by email or phone, they want a head count.

      PatO
      Southwest Florida Paddling Club