Re: [swflpc] Matlacha paddle

  • Robert Langbauer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2013
      Pat,

      Thanks for the information. I have seen that park driving by; Barbara and I will be there. Believe that Scott will join us.

      Bob

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 3, 2013, at 8:57 AM, Patricia Owen <p8owen@...> wrote:

      Bob, Scott and all who want to know how far and where

      I'm planning to head north to tip of Bokeelia which is about 6 miles in a straight line.  If it's too windy we could hide out in Little Pine Island Creek. If anyone wants to launch and just paddle a shorter trip that can be arranged.

      Matlacha Park directions.  Take Pine Island Rd west to Matlacha (watch the speed limit signs). Drive over Matlacha bridge (big one), then drive over a little bridge, (Perfect Cup restaurant on right) take first left (sign for boat ramp).   As you enter the park turn left into kayak launch area, unload, then park.  Free parking for cars, toilets, carpeted kayak launch.

      Launch 9am, Thursday July 4.  These plans depend on cooperation of wind and weather.

      PatO 239-410-0167