Meet Justin on Day 78 of 365 day paddle around Florida

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2013

    Hello blueway volunteers, club leaders, outfitters and supporters,

    Tomorrow evening you are welcome to come to Fort Myers Beach and welcome Expedition Florida 500’s Justin Riney, who is on Day 78 of a 365-day paddle around Florida. See the attached press release PDF and flier jpg. The event is from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at Snook Bight Marina, 4765 Estero Boulevard, FMB. Blueway volunteer and visitors bureau staffer Nancy MacPhee will be giving Justin some Calusa Blueway wear, and we’d love to have people offer him a warm welcome. (I have another work commitment and won’t be able to attend. Rats! Send me a few photos if you go!)

    … He’s been posting on his Facebook page, www.facebook.com/XF500

    … and we’ve been posting about him on the Calusa Blueway Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/#!/TheGreatCalusaBlueway?fref=ts

     … If you can’t make it Tuesday, he’ll be at New Pass on Saturday, March 23. That event is 2 to 4 p.m. for an informal presentation, group paddle and coastal cleanup.

    ….Questions or want to help him out on his journey? Contact his on-land handler, Cynthia Trone, at Cynthia@....

    Thanks,
    Betsy

    Betsy Clayton
    Coordinator, Lee County Parks & Recreation
    3410 Palm Beach Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33916
    239-533-7474 or 239-826-4606

    Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written communications to or from County Employees and officials regarding County business are public records available to the public and media upon request. Your email communication may be subject to public disclosure.

    Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.