pcpc Festival INFO
FESTIVAL DAY INFORMATION
Sunday, April 14th 2013- FUN!!!! — FREE
- Introduction to Paddling: 90 minute beginner lesson/tour
Learn how to kayak safely with the proper safety equipment. Get to know the types of kayaks and paddles. Instruction for paddling Forward and in Reverse as well as sweep strokes for turning and how to stop. On land instruction will be provided before getting on the water. After, use your new skills in a 1 hour tour around Johnson Bay and into the Johnson Island Lagoon.
- Beach Mangrove Tour: Fine for all novice paddlers
This tour is approx 1-2 miles and will take between 1-2 hours. You will paddle to one of the many beach Islands around the Isles of Capri.
- Mangrove Tour: Suitable for Intermediate paddlers
This tour is approx 4 miles and will take 1.5-2.5 hours. Paddle the Mangroves of upper Johnson Bay.
- Bay and Open Water Tour: Suitable for experienced paddlers capable of paddling in open water conditions.
This tour is approx 7 miles and will take between 2-2.5 hours. Circumnavigate Johnson, Sea Oat and Cannon Islands.
OPEN PADDLING – ALL DAY!! FREE Hand-built wooden kayak display – ALL DAY!! FREE
- 8am-11am Complimentary off-loading of boats for arriving visitors FREE
- 9am-12 Noon Guided tours to Gulf beaches and local mangroves (pre-registration required) FREE
- 10am Kayak Camping and Cooking- Michael Gray & Teri Krass FREE
- 11am – Types of Paddles Talk with Jay Rose, Ken Fink and Greg Stamer FREE
- 12 Noon 4th Annual Johnson Island race (pre-registration required) FREE
- 1pm Kayak Rolling demonstration- Greenland Gold Medalist Greg Stamer & ACA Instructor Jay Rose FREE
- 2pm Kayak Rescue Clinic- solo and assisted- ACA Level 3 Instructors, Jay Rose & Chris Boland(Naples Kayak Co) FREE
- 3pm Barrel Races- open to any participant- TOO MUCH FUN & FREE
- 4pm Kayak Raffle Drawing – Wilderness system Zephyr 155 MSRP $1599- ( can be traded for the kayak of your choice of greater value with Naples Outfitters)
PFDs must be worn on all sponsored tours, lessons or races. Visitors are expected and required to conduct themselves in a safe and considerate manner, consistent with their experience, boat type, and prevailing weather and sea conditions, and to respect the instructions of Festival staff. The Festival reserves the right to change the order or content of even.
How Do I Get There?
Here is a Google Map Link to get to the Capri Fish House where the event is held. The address is 203 Capri Blvd, Naples FL 34113. Isles of Capri is just North of Marco Island and off of US951 Collier Blvd. Expect 20-30 minutes from Naples and 10-15 from Marco Island. The Capri Fish House is 2 miles down Capri Blvd right before the fire station. You can unload your boat if you have one at the Fish House and then park back in front of the boat storage warehouse a few hundred yards away.WeAr yOuR dAmNeD P.F.D.!!
Mike Devlin, President
Paradise Coast Paddlers Club
REMEMBER: RESPECT THE WATER - KNOW YOUR ABILITIES -PADDLE @ YOUR OWN RISKBE SAFE & HAVE FUN! (TM)