Re: [swflpc] 10 miler - Pine Island Sound 2/10/13 8:00 AM

  • Robert Langbauer
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 9, 2013
      Pat,

      Barbara and I will be there and I know Scott plans on being there. We were still planning on the 15 mile paddle as planned. -- Bob

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 9, 2013, at 1:45 PM, Patricia Owen <p8owen@...> wrote:

      It could be a problem for some people.  I was paddling Sat AM inside North Captiva/Buck Key, saw some dead fish floating about, I don't seem to be physically affected by effects of red tide.

      Here's FWC red tide map link (below), there's low to medium red tide inside the sound, high red tide in Gulf west of islands.  According to NOAA weather winds 8-15mph are coming from east and south east which could hold red tide out in Gulf.  If winds change to west everyone should stay indoors

      http://myfwc.com/media/2487520/satelitteoverlay.pdf

      I never counted on red tide upsetting my paddling plans, I'll be at launch Sun AM.  I'll understand if I'm the only one there.

      PatO
      cell 239-410-0167

        Message 2 of 13 , Feb 9, 2013
          I'll be there.

          Scott B. Leland

          Message 3 of 13 , Feb 9, 2013
            That's right.

            Scott B. Leland

            Message 4 of 13 , Feb 9, 2013

              Jim Palermo and I plan to be there for the 15.

              Phares Heindl

              Message 5 of 13 , Feb 9, 2013
                Phares you better start early, because Richard and I drove up there and it took us 2 hours.

                Deborah Rowland
                239-732-1344