Weekend before Christmas

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2012
      Weekend before Christmas you won't find me at the mall, I'll be out paddling.  Here's what I'm planning:

      1)  Saturday, Dec 22, 2012: meet for breakfast 8:30am Fort Myers Beach, Island Pancake House, after breakfast launch at Mound House, explore Hell Peckney Bay.  Here's a map of route from restaurant to launch.  Should be easy paddle, we'll probably paddle till we're tired of paddling.

      2) Sunday, Dec 23, 2012: launch Pineland around 4pm, paddle Pine Island Sound, watch sunset, return in dark.  W could paddle through Murdock cut (behind Cabbage Key) to Cayo Costa beach (7 miles each way).  Sunset is 5:42pm, moon is 74% full.  Can look for holiday decorations on Cabbage Key and Useppa Island.  Can also stop at Tarpon Lodge bar afterwards.

      Pat Owen 239-410-0167